KTM 790 Adventure R For Sale
What Is It?
The KTM 790 Adventure R is a mid-range adventure style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 799 cc parallel twin engine, producing 93.9 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,600 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 260 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1 MP adjustable cornering ABS with off-mode
- Adjustable 48 mm WP XPLOR upside down fork with 240 mm travel
- Adjustable WP APEX shock with 240 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain (70 bhp), Road, Off-Road (ABS front only), Custom (Rally Mode)
- 9-level lean angle aware traction control
- 5" TFT dash
- Assist and slipper clutch
- WP steering damper
- LED lighting all round with LED running light
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The bike is based on the popular naked Duke 790 but with all the necessary modifications needed for an off-road focused adventure bike however it's 20 kg heavier and the quickshifter is optional.
You get long travel suspension, a de-tuned engine, handguards, more protection all round, an easily accessible air filter under the seat, larger wire-spoked wheels, narrower tyres, larger brakes, a stronger Steel subframe, off-road pegs and a 6 litre larger fuel tank.
The wire-spoked 21" front wheel takes a Metzeler Karoo 3 90/90 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
Accessories include the Akrapovic Titanium exhaust (£875), quickshifter (£350), cruise control (£218), a variety of luggage options, Carbon fuel tank protectors (£306), hand guard options, heated grips, tall screen from the 790 and a variety of billet parts.
Up And Down The Range
The more road focused £11,100 790 Adventure is essentially the same bike but with a less beefy non-adjustable fork, less beefy rear shock, a tall screen, 40 mm less travel, a 30-50 mm lower adjustable seat, normal two-tier seat, standard road tyres, no beak and no Rally Mode as standard.
2020: 790 Adventure R Rally is a 500 unit limited edition with advanced suspension, the Akrapovic exhaust, quickshifter and rally seat / pegs.
Launch RRP: £12,000
Capacity: 799 cc (average)
Power: 94 bhp / 70 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 135 mph / 217 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 220 miles / 354 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 880 mm / 34.6 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 189 kg / 417 pounds
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left