Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: High (900 mm / 35.4 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (243 kg / 536 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (24.2 litres / 6.4 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (240 miles / 386 km)
- Top Speed: High (130 mph / 209 km/h)
- Capacity: High (998 cc)
- Power: Average (94 bhp / 70 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.387 bhp/kg / 0.288 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (7,800 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £12,600
For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The Africa Twin Adventure Sports is a range topping adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 998 cc parallel twin engine, producing 93.9 bhp at just 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel twin spar frame and sub-frame
- Dual 310 mm wavy discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 256 mm wavy disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS with off mode at the rear
- Adjustable 45 mm Showa upside down fork with 224 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 240 mm travel
- 7-level traction control with off mode
- Ride modes: Tour, Urban, Gravel, Custom
- Negative LCD dash
- LED lighting, heated grips
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 900 mm / 920 mm adjustable seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
For 2018 Honda upgraded the already brilliant Africa Twin adventure bike, including the 998 cc parallel twin engine and optional automatic gearbox, then added a larger tank, taller suspension and loads of protection to create the Adventure Sports (ATAS).
Compared to the Africa Twin it has a 5.4 litre larger fuel tank, a 50 mm higher seat, 20 mm more travel, 80 mm taller fixed screen, engine bars, heated grips and larger belly pan however it's 13 kg heavier.
The Adventure Sports model also gets the 2018 updates to the original in the way of a new dash, improved mid range from a new airbox, 2.3 kg lighter Lithium battery, improved pegs, 4 riding modes, improved exhaust sound, auto-cancelling indicators and 7 level traction control.
As before the £950 optional Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) automatic gearbox adds 10 kg to the weight. The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a Dunlop Trailmax 90/80 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
Accessories include knobbly tyres, centre stand, low seat, LED fog lights, panniers, top box, quickshifter and sports silencer.
- 2018: White/blue/red
- 2019: Grey/black/silver
It celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Africa Twin name.