Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports For Sale
For 2018 Honda upgraded the already brilliant Africa Twin adventure bike, including the 998cc parallel twin engine and optional automatic gearbox, then added a larger tank, taller suspension and loads of protection to create the Adventure Sports (ATAS).
What Is It?
- Optional DCT automatic gearbox, huge range, looks great, sounds great
- Super high seat, weight, non-adjustable screen, centre stand isn't included
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 998cc 270° parallel twin engine, producing 93.9bhp at just 7,500rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm. RRP is £12,600 or £13,550 with DCT.
- Steel twin spar frame and sub-frame
- Dual 310mm wavy discs up front with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 256mm wavy disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS with off mode at the rear
- Adjustable 45mm Showa upside down fork with 224mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 240mm travel
- 7-level traction control with off mode
- 4 riding modes: Tour, Urban, Gravel, Custom
- Negative LCD dash
- LED lighting, heated grips
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 900/920mm adjustable seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the Africa Twin it has a 5.4 litre larger fuel tank, a seat height 50mm higher, 20mm more travel, 80mm taller fixed screen, engine bars, heated grips and larger belly pan however it's 13kg heavier. The Adventure Sports model also gets the 2018 updates to the original in the way of a new dash, improved mid range from a new airbox, 2.3kg lighter Lithium battery, improved pegs, 4 riding modes (Tour/Urban/Gravel/Custom), improved exhaust sound, auto-cancel indicators and 7 level traction control.
As before the optional Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) automatic gearbox adds 10kg to the weight while the wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a Dunlop Trailmax 90/80 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
Accessories include knobbly tyres, centre stand, low seat, LED fog lights, panniers, top box, quickshifter and sports silencer.
- 2018: White/blue/red
- 2019: Grey/black/silver
Did You Know?
It celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Africa Twin name
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (6)
- 1 of 2
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
- Related Model
Check out this review from RiderCamTV:
and this from TheMissendenFlyer: