Honda Africa Twin For Sale
The 2016 Honda Africa Twin is a premium adventure bike with optional automatic gearbox and is powered by a 998cc parallel twin engine which puts out 94bhp.
- Looks, build quality, off road ability, handling, balance, power, sound, all day comfort
- Clunky manual box, poor screen, weight, no centre stand/12V socket as standard, limited rear tyre choices
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 998cc parallel twin engine, producing 93.9bhp at just 7,500rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm.
- Steel frame/subframe and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 310mm wavy discs up front with Nissin radial 2 piston calipers
- 256mm wavy disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS with off switch for the rear
- Traction control with 3 levels and off switch
- Adjustable 45mm upside down Showa fork with 230mm travel
- Adjustable Showa rear shock with 220mm travel
- Rally style negative LCD console with gear position indicator
- LED lights all round (bulb indicators on the standard model)
- Strong Aluminium handlebar with brass anti-vibration inserts and hand guards
- Adjustable seat between 850mm and 870mm
- 6 speed manual or DCT gearbox
The Africa Twin name was brought over to this model from the original XRV750L Africa Twin to denote the equally good road and off-road handling but the new bike has little else in common. The wheels are wire spoked with the 21" front taking a 90/90 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
DCT (adds 10kg and £800, fuel consumption about the same)
The Dual Clutch Transmission model gets two heavy weight clutches capable of operating in manual mode or full automatic. Manual mode shifts up and down using levers on the left bar and there are two auto modes; D is a standard economical mode and S is more sporty, with 3 shift patterns to choose from in each mode, one of which can be set to be the default. It can also sense how much of an incline you're on and adapt the gear shift pattern to suit.
If you check the pics above there is also a G button next to the ABS off switch, which switches the clutch to a more direct drive for off-roading.
This model also gets a parking brake system with an additional piston in the rear caliper and four levels for different gradients and loads. The brake lever sits where the clutch lever would have been.
Accessories include a centre stand, 30mm wider/90mm taller touring screen, smoked standard screen, panniers, top box, heated grips, DCT foot shifter (instead of left bar controls), comfort pillion pegs, Akrapovic slip on muffler, Termignoni Stainless Steel/Titanium muffler, fairing protection bars, LED fog lights and colour coded low seat.
- 2016: White/red/blue, red/white/black, silver/grey/black, black/grey,
- 2017-2018: White/red/blue, red/white/black, silver/grey/black, black/grey, red (2017)
- 2019: Black, blue/white/red, red/white
2017: Euro 4 compliance and red paint scheme.
2018: New dash, improved mid-range from a new air box, 2.3kg lighter Lithium battery, improved pegs, 4 riding modes (Tour/Urban/Gravel/Custom), traction control now 7 levels, better sound from a new exhaust, auto-cancel indicators and knobbly tyres are now an option. Wet weight now 230kg for the manual and 240kg for the DCT version.
Africa Twin Adventure Sports version launched with larger 24 litre tank, heated grips, tall screen, protection bars and larger belly pan. Check the pics for the new dash.
Did You Know?
It was one of the best selling bikes in 2016 and is also known as the CRF1000L
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (47)
- 1 of 16
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!