Honda Africa Twin Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (850 mm / 33.5 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (226 kg / 498 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (18.8 litres / 5.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (55 mpg / 5.1 l/100km / 19.5 km/l)
- Range: High (230 miles / 370 km)
- Top Speed: High (130 mph / 209 km/h)
- Capacity: High (1,084 cc)
- Power: High (101 bhp / 75 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.447 bhp/kg / 0.333 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £13,050
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Honda Africa Twin is a premium adventure bike with an optional automatic gearbox and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 1,084 cc parallel twin engine, producing 100.6 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,250 rpm.
- Steel frame and Aluminium sub-frame / swingarm
- Dual 310 mm wavy discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 256 mm wavy disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- Bosch MM7.10 cornering ABS system with off-road mode
- Adjustable 45 mm Showa upside down fork with 230 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa shock with 220 mm travel
- 7-level traction control, 3-level wheelie control
- 3-level engine braking control
- Ride modes: Tour, Urban, Gravel, Off-Road, Custom 1/2
- Auto cancel indicators, cruise control
- 850 mm / 870 mm adjustable seat
- LED lighting all round
- USB socket
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2016-2019 model there's an 86 cc larger engine, 7 bhp more power, 6% more torque, a new thinner frame / sub-frame, new dash split between a small LCD section and large 6.5" TFT touchscreen, new cornering ABS, Apple Carplay, new styling, emergency stop indicator system, off-road mode, two custom ride modes, higher handlebars, a slimmer seat, shorter screen, cruise control, wheelie control, new exhaust design with variable valve and it's 6 kg lighter.
Around 2.5 kg has been shaved off the engine, 1.8 kg from the frame and 500 g from the new swingarm. The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a Metzeler Karoo Street 90/90 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
The clever £900 Dual Clutch Transmission automatic gearbox is still a key option with about 50% of models ordered with it. It's now lean angle / gradient aware and includes the G switch on the handlebars which improves rear wheel traction off-road.
Accessories include the DCT system (+10 kg), 825 mm low seat, 895 mm high seat, smoked screen, tall screen, engine bars, side bars, LED fog lights, red / black handguards, Bridgestone Battlax Adventurecross Tourer AX41 knobbly tyres, heated grips, quickshifter, radiator guards, 12V socket, rally pegs and plastic or Aluminium luggage.
- 2020: Black/red, red/white
- 2021: Black/red, red/white, white/red/blue
- 2022: Black, red/black, white/red/blue
Model History & Updates
2021: Android Auto added via dealer update.
2022: Luggage rack now standard and smoother DCT settings for 1st / 2nd gear. Check out this video intro from Honda.
Up And Down The Range
The Adventure Sports version has also been updated and builds on the package with a larger fuel tank, cornering lights, tall screen, larger belly pan, larger side fairings, luggage rack, heated grips, 12V socket, hand guards, tubeless tyres and a new option of electronically adjustable suspension. Unlike the previous ATAS model seat height is now the same, making it more of a long distance version.