Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (850 mm / 33.5 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (238 kg / 525 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (24.8 litres / 6.6 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (55 mpg / 5.1 l/100km / 19.5 km/l)
- Range: Very High (300 miles / 483 km)
- Top Speed: High (130 mph / 209 km/h)
- Capacity: High (1,084 cc)
- Power: High (101 bhp / 75 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.424 bhp/kg / 0.316 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £14,650
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports (ATAS) is a premium adventure bike with an optional automatic gearbox and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 1,084 cc parallel twin engine, producing 100.6 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,250 rpm.
- Steel frame and Aluminium sub-frame / swingarm
- Dual 310 mm wavy discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 256 mm wavy disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- Bosch MM7.10 cornering ABS system with off-road mode
- Adjustable 45 mm Showa upside down fork with 230 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa shock with 220 mm travel
- 7-level traction control
- 3-level wheelie control
- 3-level engine braking control
- Ride modes: Tour, Urban, Gravel, Off-Road, Custom 1/2
- Auto cancel indicators, cruise control
- 850 mm / 870 mm adjustable seat
- LED lighting all round
- USB and 12V sockets
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 5-level hand adjustable screen
- Heated grips
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2018-2019 model there's an 86 cc larger engine, 7 bhp more power, 6% more torque, a new thinner frame / sub-frame, new dash split between a small LCD section with the basics and a large 6.5" TFT touchscreen, new cornering ABS / lights, Apple Carplay, new styling, emergency stop indicator system, off-road mode, two custom ride modes, higher handlebars, a 50 mm lower slimmer seat, shorter travel suspension, cruise control, wheelie control, new exhaust design with variable valve and it's 5 kg lighter.
Around 2.5 kg has been shaved off the engine, 1.8 kg from the frame and 500 g from the new swingarm. The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a Bridgestone Battlax AX41T 90/90 tubeless tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
The clever £1,200 Dual Clutch Transmission automatic gearbox is still a key option with about 50% of models ordered with it. It's now lean angle / gradient aware and includes the G switch on the handlebars which improves rear wheel traction off-road.
New for 2020 is the £1,400 optional Showa electronically adjustable suspension (EERA) with soft / mid / hard / off-road / custom modes and it only adds 2 kg. Rear pre-load can be set to solo, solo plus luggage, two up and two up with luggage. Adding DCT and EERA bumps the RRP up to £17,350.
Accessories include the DCT system (+10 kg), 825 mm low seat, 895 mm high seat, engine bars, side bars, LED fog lights, Bridgestone Battlax Adventurecross Tourer AX41 knobbly tyres, quickshifter, radiator guards, rally pegs and plastic or Aluminium luggage.
- 2020-2021: Black/gold, red/white/blue
- 2022: Black, red/white/blue
Model History & Updates
2021: Android Auto added via dealer update.
2022: Shorter screen and smoother DCT settings for 1st / 2nd gear. Check out this video intro from Honda.
Up And Down The Range
The £13,050 standard Africa Twin has a smaller fuel tank, shorter fixed screen, smaller belly pan, smaller side fairings and no cornering lights, luggage rack, 12V socket, heated grips, hand guards or optional electronic suspension.