Ducati DesertX Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati DesertX is an off-road style adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 937 cc V-Twin Testastretta engine which puts out 108.6 bhp at 9,250 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- 3-level Bosch cornering ABS system with rear and 100% off modes
- Adjustable 46 mm KYB upside down fork with 230 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shock with 220 mm travel
- 8-level traction control
- 4-level wheelie control
- 3-level engine brake control
- Cruise control
- Ride modes: Wet, Urban, Touring, Sport, Enduro, Rally
- Power modes: Low, Medium, High, Full
- 5" TFT dash with two display modes and USB socket
- 12V socket
- Up / down quickshifter
- Slip and assist clutch
- Steering damper
- LED lighting all round
- Belly pan
- Emergency braking rear light flasher
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The DesertX is pretty much an extreme off-road version of the popular Multistrada V2, with 250 mm ground clearance, a larger front wheel and shorter gear ratios to optimise for off-road work.
The wire-spoked 21" front wheel takes a Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR 90/90 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
Accessories include the Termignoni exhaust (+7% power), rear 8 litre fuel tank, connectivity (£216), centre stand, LED fog lights, rally seat, -20 mm low seat, lowering kit, heated grips (£250), headlight grill, radiator guard, Aluminium handguards (£130), engine bars and 120 litres of storage from the Aluminium panniers (76 litres, £1,080) plus Aluminium top case (41 litres, £648).
It should hit the dealers May 2022Did You Know?
Servicing is every 9,000 miles (15,000 km) or 24 months, with the valve clearance check at 18,000 miles (30,000 km). Fuel transfers from the optional rear tank automatically when the main tank drops to a certain level and can also be activated from the dash.
Capacity: 937 cc (average)
Power: 109 bhp, 81 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,200 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 120 mph, 193 km/h (high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 45 mpg, 6.3 l/100km, 15.9 km/l (average)
Range: 210 miles, 338 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 21.0 litres, 5.5 US gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 875 mm, 34.4 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 223 kg, 492 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 202 kg, 445 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.489 bhp/kg, 0.364 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Review In A Few
- Genuine on and off-road capability
- Electronics package
- Cool headlights
- On the heavy side with the additional tank
- Very high seat
Check out this intro video from Ducati.