Ducati DesertX Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (875 mm / 34.4 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (223 kg / 492 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (21.0 litres / 5.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (210 miles / 338 km)
- Top Speed: High (120 mph / 193 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (937 cc)
- Power: High (109 bhp / 81 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.489 bhp/kg / 0.364 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (10,200 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £14,095
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Ducati DesertX is an off-road style adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 937 cc V-Twin Testastretta engine which puts out 108.6 bhp at 9,250 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- 3-level Bosch cornering ABS system with rear and 100% off modes
- Adjustable 46 mm KYB upside down fork with 230 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shock with 220 mm travel
- 8-level traction control
- 4-level wheelie control
- 3-level engine brake control
- Cruise control
- Ride modes: Enduro (75 bhp), Wet (95 bhp), Urban (95 bhp), Touring, Sport, Rally
- Power modes: Low, Medium, High, Full
- 5" TFT dash with two display modes and USB socket
- 12V socket
- Up / down quickshifter
- Slip and assist clutch
- Steering damper
- LED lighting all round
- Belly pan
- Emergency braking rear light flasher
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The DesertX is pretty much an extreme off-road version of the popular Multistrada V2, with 250 mm ground clearance, a larger front wheel and shorter gear ratios to optimise for off-road work.
The wire-spoked 21" front wheel takes a Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR 90/90 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
Accessories include the Termignoni exhaust (£1,512, +7% power, -2.5 kg), rear 8 litre fuel tank (£1,026), connectivity (£216), centre stand, LED fog lights (£352), rally seat (£248), -20 mm low seat (£214), -20 mm lowering kit (£216), heated grips (£250), headlight grill (£108), radiator guard (£119), Aluminium engine guard (£378), touring screen (£162), Aluminium handguards (£130), engine bars (£508) and 120 litres of storage from the Aluminium panniers (76 litres, £1,080) plus Aluminium top case (41 litres, £648).
Colours: White/redDid You Know?
Servicing is every 9,000 miles (15,000 km) or 24 months, with the valve clearance check at 18,000 miles (30,000 km). Fuel transfers from the optional rear tank automatically when the main tank drops to a certain level and can also be activated from the dash.