KTM 1290 Super Adventure S For Sale
What Is It?
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure S is a premium adventure style bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 1,301 cc 75° V-Twin engine, producing 158.2 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm. It's based on the Super Duke R engine and most of the torque is available from 2,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 267 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch cornering ABS with rear wheel off mode
- 48 mm WP SAT semi-active fork with 200 mm travel
- WP SAT semi-active shock with 200 mm travel
- WP steering damper
- Adaptive cruise control
- 4-level lean angle aware traction control
- Ride modes: Rain (100 bhp), Road, Sport, Off-Road (100 bhp)
- Adjustable 7" TFT dash with connectivity
- Keyless start
- LED lighting with cornering headlight
- Self-cancelling indicators
- Hand adjustable screen over 55 mm
- Adjustable seat (849 / 869 mm)
- Adjustable pegs, bars and levers
- Slip and assist clutch
- 2->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- Centre stand
Compared to the 2017-2020 Super Adventure S there's a new Euro 5 exhaust, new dual radiator setup, new shorter frame, a 15 mm longer swingarm and the headline feature that is standard Adaptive Radar Cruise Control.
There's also a faster optional quickshifter, electronic fuel cap release, USB powered phone compartment on the fuel tank, upgraded handguards, new backlit switchgear, larger upgraded dash, 10 mm larger rear disc and the seat height is 10 mm lower however it weighs 5 kg more.
WP's semi-active suspension has Comfort, Street, Sport and Off Road modes but within each it continually adapts to the surface condition. The rear shock also has four settings for pre-load for one / two up with or without luggage and for 2021 there's a Suspension Pro upgrade which allows electronic control from the dash.
Speaking of luggage the floating rear carrier is designed to keep it stable at speeds way beyond road limits.
The 12-spoke 19" front wheel takes a MITAS Terra Force-R 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
Options include the Akrapovic slip-on silencer, quickshifter, Motor Slip Regulator, adaptive brake light, hill hold control, belly pan, engine bars, heated grips, heated seat, comfort seat, wire-spoked wheels, short screen, Rally mode and a range of luggage options.
Colours: Orange/black, grey/orange
Capacity: 1,301 cc (very high)
Power: 158 bhp / 118 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 165 mph / 265 km/h (very high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 230 miles / 370 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 23.0 litres / 5.1 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 849 mm / 33.4 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 245 kg / 540 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 220 kg / 485 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.645 bhp/kg / 0.481 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- It could be a good all-rounder option
- Loads of smooth power
- Electronics package
- On the heavy side
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: