KTM 1290 Super Adventure S For Sale
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure S is a premium adventure style bike and is powered by a 1,301cc V-Twin engine which puts out 158bhp. The R and T versions are more off-road focused.
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,301cc 75° V-Twin, producing 158.2bhp at around 8,700rpm and maximum torque around 6,700rpm. It's based on the Super Duke R engine and most of the torque is already available at 2,500rpm.
- Steel trellis frame (9.8kg) with die-cast swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 257mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- Bosch 9ME corner aware ABS with rear wheel off mode
- 48mm WP semi-active suspension with 200mm travel
- WP semi-active shock with 200mm travel
- WP steering damper, slip and assist clutch
- Cruise control, traction control
- Tyre pressure monitoring linked to dash
- Light adapting 6.5" TFT dashboard, keyless start, handguards
- LED lighting with cornering headlight and position lights
- Waterproof mobile pocket with USB
- Adjustable windscreen, centre stand
- Adjustable bars, seat, pegs and levers
- 6 speed gearbox
WP's semi-active suspension has Comfort, Street, Sport and 100bhp Off Road modes but within each it continually adapts to the surface condition. The rear shock also has four settings for pre-load for one/two up with or without luggage. Speaking of luggage the floating rear carrier is designed to keep it stable at speeds way beyond road limits.
The £14,500 1290 R gets you off-road focused wire spoked wheels, 20mm more travel, a 30mm higher seat, smaller sport screen, one piece seat, orange frame and protection bars but 2kg added to the weight.
Or for £15,500 the 1290 T gets you a larger 30 litre fuel tank, Hill Hold Control, Motor Slip Regulator and heated grips/seats but it pushes the wet weight up to 249kg. Surprisingly for the highest price of the three versions the T doesn't get the fancy TFT dash or integrated cornering headlight
The 6 split spoke 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60. Service interval is 9,300 miles.
Options include an up/down quickshifter (£334), Motor Slip Regulator / Drag Torque Control (£121), Hill Hold Control (£152), panniers (£832), top case (£417), tank bag (£158), comfort seat (£141), rider's heated seat (£209), pillion's heated seat (£125), heated grips (£166), Akrapovic slip-on (£835), engine guards (£242), skid plate (£233), wire spoked wheels (£835) and various Carbon bits.
- Comfort package (£554): Heated seat (rider and pillion), heated grips, gps holder
- Sound & Style package (£1,172): Akrapovic slips on, Carbon side fairings, Carbon exhaust heat protector, swingarm pivot covers
- Touring package (£1,337): Panniers, top case, tank bag
Did You Know?
The Road One
Something wrong? Let us know.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Check out this review from TheMissendenFlyer:
and this from RiderCamTV: