KTM 1290 Super Adventure S Bikes For Sale
What Is It?
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure S is a premium adventure style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,301 cc 75° V-Twin engine, producing 158.2 bhp at around 8,700 rpm and maximum torque around 6,700 rpm. It's based on the Super Duke R engine and most of the torque is available from 2,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 257 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9ME cornering ABS with rear wheel off mode
- 48 mm WP semi-active suspension with 200 mm travel
- WP semi-active shock with 200 mm travel
- WP steering damper
- Slip and assist clutch
- Cruise control
- Traction control
- Light adapting 6.5" TFT dash
- Keyless start
- LED lighting with cornering headlight
- Waterproof mobile pocket with USB
- Adjustable screen, bars, seat, pegs and levers
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- Centre stand
WP's semi-active suspension has Comfort, Street, Sport and Off Road modes but within each it continually adapts to the surface condition. The rear shock also has four settings for pre-load for one / two up with or without luggage.
Speaking of luggage the floating rear carrier is designed to keep it stable at speeds way beyond road limits.
The 12-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
Options include the up/down quickshifter (£334), Motor Slip Regulator / Drag Torque Control (£121), Hill Hold Control (£152), panniers (£832), top case (£417), tank bag (£158), comfort seat (£141), rider's heated seat (£209), heated grips (£166), Akrapovic slip-on (£835), engine guards (£242), skid plate (£233), wire spoked wheels (£835) and various Carbon bits.
- Comfort package (£554): Heated seat (rider and pillion), heated grips, GPS holder
- Sound & Style package (£1,172): Akrapovic slips on, Carbon side fairings, Carbon exhaust heat protector, swingarm pivot covers
- Touring package (£1,337): Panniers, top case, tank bag
Launch RRP: £14,300
Capacity: 1,301 cc (very high)
Power: 158 bhp / 118 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 165 mph / 265 km/h (very high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 230 miles / 370 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 23.0 litres / 6.1 US gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 860 mm / 33.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 238 kg / 525 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 215 kg / 474 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.664 bhp/kg / 0.495 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Electronics package
- On the hot side
Up And Down The Range
The £14,500 1290 R gets you off-road focused wire spoked wheels, 20 mm more travel, a 30 mm higher seat, smaller sport screen, one piece seat, orange frame and protection bars but 2 kg added to the weight.
For serious off-road adventures the £15,500 1290 T gets you a larger 30 litre fuel tank, Hill Hold Control, Motor Slip Regulator and heated grips / seats but it pushes the wet weight up to 249 kg. Surprisingly for the highest price of the three versions the T doesn't get the fancy TFT dash or integrated cornering headlight.
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
For Sale (24)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left