Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (850 mm / 33.5 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (277 kg / 611 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (21.5 litres / 5.7 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: High (190 miles / 306 km)
- Top Speed: High (140 mph / 225 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,237 cc)
- Power: High (127 bhp / 95 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.458 bhp/kg / 0.342 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,800 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £12,500
For Sale (39)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
What Is It?
The Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer is a premium adventure style bike and is related to the VFR1200F sports tourer. It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,237 cc V4 engine, producing 127.4 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame with single sided swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin six piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- Combined ABS system (C-ABS)
- Adjustable 43 mm upside down fork
- Adjustable rear shock
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- LED indicators and handguards
The engine is essentially the same as the VFR1200F but de-tuned for more torque lower down. Like Honda's other C-ABS systems the rear brake lever also operates the middle pin in the front calipers. The wire spoked 19" front wheel takes a Pirelli Scorpion Trail 110/80 tyre and the rear a 150/70.
The £800 optional Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) automatic gearbox adds 10 kg to the weight and the original VFR1200 was one of the first to feature it. One clutch handles 1st / 3rd / 5th while the other handles 2nd / 4th / 6th then the clutch not currently engaged gets the next gear ready for a really quick change.
There are two automatic modes, one a bit sportier, or the rider can pop it in manual mode and shift using buttons on the handlebar. It will even revert back to automatic if needed and blip the throttle when automatically changing down.
Accessories include 3-level heated grips, 830 mm low seat, top box, easy fit panniers (35 litre right and 39 litre left), centre stand and accessory bar with LED fog lights. The Highlander pack gets you the top box, panniers, accessory bar, LED fog lights, touring screen and centre stand.
- 2012-2014: Black, white, silver, red
- 2015: Silver/black, white/black
- 2016: Black, silver, white/black, red/black
- 2017-2018: Red/black, white/black
Model History & Updates
2014:Traction control with three levels and off mode, DCT gearbox software updates, self cancelling indicators, improved seat and new ignition key.
2016: One hand adjustable screen, 12V socket, three levels of S Mode with the DCT gearbox, ability to detect inclines and adapt the shift pattern and Euro 4 compliance. Optional heated grips now offer 5 levels of power.
Popularity & How Many Left