BMW F800GT For Sale
The BMW F800GT is a mid-range touring bike with belt drive and the fuel tank under the seat. It's powered by a 798cc parallel twin engine which puts out 90bhp.
- No chain maintenance, economy
- Smooth power delivery
- It wont win any awards for looks
- Better for solo riding
What Is It?
It's powered by the same Euro 3 compliant water cooled 798cc parallel twin engine engine as the F800R / F800GS, producing 90bhp at 8,000rpm and maximum torque at 5,800rpm. Unlike the F800R though it has a low maintenance toothed belt final drive, single sided swingarm and non-upsidedown fork.
- Aluminium frame with load bearing engine
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo radial 2 piston calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- BMW ABS system
- 43mm fork with 125mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 125mm travel
- Halogen headlight and luggage rack
- Gear position indicator, balancer shaft
- 6 speed gearbox and fuel injection
Compared to the F800ST which it replaces ABS is now standard, the fairing is all new with better protection, the wheels a lighter design, power up 5bhp and useful load up 11kg to 207kg. The 5 split spoke 17" cast Aluminium wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a variety of seat sizes: extra low 765mm, low 785mm, comfort 820mm (£100) and high 845mm.
Other options include traction control (Automatic Stability Control / ASC, £310), Akrapovic slip-on Titanium/Steel silencer (1.7kg lighter), 3 level Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA, £290), A2 restrictor kit to 47bhp, 55 litre panniers (helmet space on the right), 28 litre top box, LED indicators (£100) and rear light, heated grips (£240), tyre pressure monitor (£210) and centre stand (£130).
- Dynamic pack (£705): ASC, ESA, tyre pressure monitor.
- Comfort pack (£525): Pannier mounts, heated grips, computer, centre stand.
The F800GT SE is £10,250 and gets you ESA, ASC, heated grips, tyre pressure monitor, computer, centre stand, satnav, and panniers+mounts.
- 2013-2014: White, black, orange
- 2015: Grey, white, blue (new)
- 2016-2017: White, blue (£85), black (£210)
In 2016 BMW introduced a new exhaust to make it Euro 4 compliant and Rain/Road riding modes.
Parts & Accessories
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Bikes for Sale (2)
Check out this review from RiderCamTV:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|
RM/2014/007, issued 01/04/2014, affected 1,407 bikes
Rain/moisture may enter the side stand switch and cause the engine to cut out or not to start.
Build Dates: 28/11/2012 to 11/10/2013