BMW F800GT For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW F800GT is a mid-range touring bike with a belt drive and a fuel tank under the seat. It's powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 798 cc parallel twin engine, producing 90 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at 5,800 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- BMW ABS system
- 43 mm fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 125 mm travel
- Luggage rack
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the F800ST ABS is now standard, the fairing is all new with better protection, the wheels are a lighter design, power is up 5 bhp and maximum load is up 11 kg. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a variety of seats: extra low 765 mm, low 785 mm, comfort 820 mm and high 845 mm.
Other options include traction control (ASC, £310), Akrapovic slip-on Titanium / Steel silencer (1.7 kg lighter), 3 level Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA, £290), 55 litre panniers (helmet space on the right), 28 litre top box, LED indicators (£100), heated grips (£240), TPMS (£210) and centre stand (£130).
- Dynamic pack (£705): ASC, ESA, TPMS.
- Comfort pack (£525): Pannier mounts, heated grips, computer, centre stand.
The F800GT SE is £10,250 and gets you ESA, ASC, heated grips, TPMS, computer, centre stand, satnav, and panniers with mounts.
- 2013-2014: White, black, orange
- 2015: Grey, white, blue
- 2016-2019: White, blue, black
Up And Down The Range
Launch RRP: £8,400
Capacity: 798 cc (average)
Power: 90 bhp / 67 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 60 mpg / 4.7 L/100km (good)
Range: 200 miles / 322 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 3.3 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 800 mm / 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 213 kg / 470 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.423 bhp/kg / 0.315 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Easy fill ups with a tank bag
- Smooth power delivery
- No chain maintenance
- Build quality
- Low seat
- The competition wins in the looks department
- Better for solo riding than two up
- Can go through headlight bulbs
2016: New exhaust to make it Euro 4 compliant and Rain / Road riding modes.
Check out this video review from RiderCamTV.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left