Honda VFR800 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (789 mm / 31.1 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (242 kg / 534 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (21.5 litres / 5.7 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (210 miles / 338 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (165 mph / 265 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (782 cc)
- Power: High (104 bhp / 78 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.430 bhp/kg / 0.320 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (11,750 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £10,700
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Honda VFR800 is a premium sports touring bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 782 cc V4 engine with variable valve timing (VTEC), producing 104.5 bhp at 10,250 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm. It has been tuned for improved low-mid range torque.
- Aluminium frame
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 256 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS
- Adjustable 43 mm Showa fork with 108 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Self cancelling indicators
- Traction control with off mode
- Heated grips with five levels
- Retractable grab handles
- 789 mm / 809 mm adjustable seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2006-2013 model there's new suspension, swingarm, wheels, thinner bodywork, traction control, ABS, heated grips, self cancelling indicators, improved low to mid-range torque, adjustable seat and 7 kg shaved off the weight.
Much of the weight saving is from changing the dual underseat exhaust system to a single muffler on the right, which also lowers the centre of gravity and the rest is from replacing the Steel sub-frame with a new Aluminium design.
The V4 engine is designed to be really compact but to achieve this it's also quite complicated and part of the complexity is the clever VTEC system. Much like VTEC in Honda's cars the engine switches between two profiles at high and low rpms with only one pair of valves operating low down for efficiency and all of them higher up for maximum power. It's a smoother transition between the two profiles now as well.
The new front X-light and rear lights are LED based, with indicators now mounted in the mirrors. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and 180/55 at the rear
Accessories include the quickshifter (£165), 12V socket (£75), rear hugger (£80), colour coded 45 litre top box (£250), panniers (£650) and Akrapovic slip on exhaust (£670).
Colours: Red, white, black, grey (2017)Did You Know?
Over 75,000 VFRs are in regular use across Europe and it's called the Interceptor in the USA.
Model History & Updates
2017: New Euro 4 compliant angular muffler and 12V socket.
Popularity & How Many Left