Honda VFR800 For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda VFR800 is a popular premium sports tourer and is powered by a liquid cooled 781 cc V4 VTEC engine, producing 100 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,750 rpm.
- Aluminium frame with single sided swingarm
- Dual 296 mm discs up front with Nissin three piston calipers
- 256 mm disc at the rear with Nissin three piston caliper
- Linked braking system
- 43 mm fork with pre-load adjustment and 109 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 119 mm travel
- Side mounted radiators (20 mm taller)
- Engine/air temperature display
- Colour coded pillion seat cover
- 6 speed gearbox
Improvements over the 1998-2001 model include the addition of a VTEC system to the engine; one pair of valves per cylinder operates below 6,800 rpm for fuel efficiency and two pairs above for peak performance.
The styling also sees an update with a new front headlight design, the dual, mufflers now sit under the seat, the toque curve is more linear, the cam chain is a new quieter design, the screen is 10 mm higher, the swingarm 20 mm longer and the now Steel sub-frame has been beefed up to cope with the under seat exhaust and new hard luggage. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Options include hard panniers, 45 litre top box, tall screen and ABS (£700).
Colours: Red, blue, silver
Review In A Few
- Comfortable, capable
- VTEC transition splits opinion
Capacity: 781 cc (average)
Power: 100 bhp / 75 kW (average)
Red Line: 11,750 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 150 mph / 241 km/h (very high)
Economy: 38 mpg / 7.4 L/100km (poor)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 22.0 litres / 4.8 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 805 mm / 31.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 246 kg / 542 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 213 kg / 470 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.407 bhp/kg / 0.303 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £7,000
Check out this 2002 video review from MacADVentures.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2002||913||555||1,468||55 / month|
|2003||753||450||1,203||110 / month|
|2004||446||228||674||54 / month|
|2005||340||160||500||100 / month|