Honda VFR800 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (805 mm / 31.7 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (246 kg / 542 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (22.0 litres / 5.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Poor (38 mpg / 7.4 l/100km / 13.5 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (150 mph / 241 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (781 cc)
- Power: Average (100 bhp / 75 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.407 bhp/kg / 0.303 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (11,750 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £7,000
For Sale (10)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this 2002 video review from MacADVentures.
What Is It?
The Honda VFR800 is a popular premium sports tourer and is powered by a liquid cooled 781 cc V4 VTEC engine, producing 100 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,750 rpm.
- Aluminium frame with single sided swingarm
- Dual 296 mm discs up front with Nissin three piston calipers
- 256 mm disc at the rear with Nissin three piston caliper
- Linked braking system
- 43 mm fork with pre-load adjustment and 109 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 119 mm travel
- Side mounted radiators (20 mm taller)
- Engine/air temperature display
- Colour coded pillion seat cover
- 6 speed gearbox
Improvements over the 1998-2001 model include the addition of a VTEC system to the engine; one pair of valves per cylinder operates below 6,800 rpm for fuel efficiency and two pairs above for peak performance.
The styling also sees an update with a new front headlight design, the dual, mufflers now sit under the seat, the toque curve is more linear, the cam chain is a new quieter design, the screen is 10 mm higher, the swingarm 20 mm longer and the now Steel sub-frame has been beefed up to cope with the under seat exhaust and new hard luggage. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Options include hard panniers, 45 litre top box, tall screen and ABS (£700).
Colours: Red, blue, silver
Popularity & How Many Left