Yamaha MT-09 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (815 mm / 32.1 inches)
- Weight: Average (188 kg / 415 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (14.0 litres / 3.7 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: Average (140 miles / 225 km)
- Top Speed: High (140 mph / 225 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (847 cc)
- Power: High (113 bhp / 84 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.601 bhp/kg / 0.448 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (11,200 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £6,800
For Sale (11)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-09 is a thoroughly modern naked bike at the sportier end of the spectrum and is powered by a liquid cooled 847 cc triple engine, producing 113.5 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41 mm upside down fork with 137 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130 mm travel
- 3 riding modes: Standard, A (Sport), B (Rain)
- 3->1 low slung exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It replaces the ageing FZ8 in Yamaha's lineup and focuses on being a light and compact bike with enough power and torque to keep things exciting in the real world. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax S20 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include ABS (+3kg), Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust system (£968), fly screen (£109), pillion seat cover (£136), comfort seat (£223), heated grips (£120) and LED indicators (£48).
- 2013: Grey, orange
- 2014: Orange, black, grey, purple
- 2015: White, black, grey
- 2016: Blue/silver, red, grey/yellow, black/grey, white, red
The MT-09 was the best selling bike in Europe in the first year of production.
Model History & Updates
2016: The MT-09 series inherits the MT-09 Tracer 3-level traction control system and "Night Fluro" colour scheme (black with vibrant yellow wheels). Lava Red becomes an option.
Up And Down The Range
Popularity & How Many Left