Yamaha MT-09 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Current Prices: £5,700–£3,750
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-09 is a thoroughly modern naked bike at the sportier end of the spectrum and is powered by a liquid cooled 847cc triple engine, producing 113.5bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 8,500rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 245mm disc with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41mm upside down fork with 137mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130mm travel
- 3 riding modes: Standard, A (Sport), B (Rain)
- 3->1 low slung exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It replaces the ageing FZ8 in Yamaha's lineup and focuses on being a light and compact bike with enough power and torque to keep things exciting in the real world. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax S20 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include ABS (+3kg), Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust system (£968), fly screen (£109), pillion seat cover (£136), comfort seat (£223), heated grips (£120) and LED indicators (£48).
- 2013: Grey, orange
- 2014: Orange, black, grey, purple
- 2015: White, black, grey
- 2016: Blue/silver, red, grey/yellow, black/grey, white, red
2016: The MT-09 series inherits the MT-09 Tracer 3-level traction control system and "Night Fluro" colour scheme (black with vibrant yellow wheels). Lava Red becomes an option.
Did You Know?
The MT-09 was the best selling bike in Europe in the first year of production.
Capacity: 847 cc (average)
Power: 113 bhp / 84 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,200 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 15.9 kpl / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres / 3.1 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 815 mm / 32.1 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 188 kg / 415 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 171 kg / 377 pounds
Launch RRP: £6,800
- Yamaha NIKEN
- Yamaha MT-09 Street Rally
- Yamaha MT-09 Sport Tracker
- Yamaha Tracer 900
- Yamaha MT-09 SP
- Yamaha XSR900
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you daily updates when we see new adverts like this appearing:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (23)
- 1 of 8
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2013||214||58||272||63 / month|
|2014||770||203||973||290 / month|
|2015||737||149||886||380 / month|
|2016||479||70||549||230 / month|