Yamaha MT-09 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-09 is a thoroughly modern naked bike at the sportier end of the spectrum and is powered by a liquid cooled 847 cc triple engine, producing 113.5 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41 mm upside down fork with 137 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130 mm travel
- 3 riding modes: Standard, A (Sport), B (Rain)
- 3->1 low slung exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It replaces the ageing FZ8 in Yamaha's lineup and focuses on being a light and compact bike with enough power and torque to keep things exciting in the real world. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax S20 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include ABS (+3kg), Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust system (£968), fly screen (£109), pillion seat cover (£136), comfort seat (£223), heated grips (£120) and LED indicators (£48).
- 2013: Grey, orange
- 2014: Orange, black, grey, purple
- 2015: White, black, grey
- 2016: Blue/silver, red, grey/yellow, black/grey, white, red
Did You Know?
The MT-09 was the best selling bike in Europe in the first year of production.
Up And Down The Range
2016: The MT-09 series inherits the MT-09 Tracer 3-level traction control system and "Night Fluro" colour scheme (black with vibrant yellow wheels). Lava Red becomes an option.
Review In A Few
- Real world speed
- Amazing engine
- Great handling
- Superb value
- Wind buffeting at very high speeds
- Slightly snatchy throttle
- Rear suspension
- Tank range
- Hard seat
Launch RRP: £6,800
Capacity: 847 cc (average)
Power: 113 bhp / 84 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,200 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres / 3.1 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 815 mm / 32.1 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 188 kg / 415 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 171 kg / 377 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.601 bhp/kg / 0.448 kW/kg
- Yamaha NIKEN
- Yamaha MT-09 Street Rally
- Yamaha MT-09 Sport Tracker
- Yamaha Tracer 900
- Yamaha MT-09 SP
- Yamaha XSR900
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left