Piaggio MP3 500 For Sale
What Is It?
The Piaggio MP3 500 is a premium three wheeled maxi scooter and is powered by a liquid cooled 492 cc single cylinder engine, producing 40 bhp at 7,200 rpm and maximum torque at 5,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- Dual 240 mm discs up front with single piston calipers
- 280 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable dual rear shocks with 108 mm travel
- ABS system, traction control
- Foot brake for all wheels
- Steel braided brake lines
- Centre stand, USB port above dash
The new 500 replaces the 400 in the MP3 range. The front wheels can be locked when upright, below 5mph which is indicated by a few beeps, to keep it steady at the lights or when parked. It auto-releases the lock when you set off and it's still a cool feature.
Two front wheels and fancy suspension offers increased grip in the corners and while braking. The 10-spoke 12" front wheels take 120/70 tyres and the rear 14" a 140/70.
Accessories include the 37/50 litre top box, 42 litre panniers, comfort seat, sat nav, upgraded shocks and tall screen.
Colours: Black, white, grey, blue
2018: Now £8,750 it's available in Sport and Business trims with an improved seat, better screen, LED indicators, 4.2 bhp more power and improved brakes. The Sport version gets an improved shock and wavy discs while the Business version gets the fancy circular TomTom sat nav in the centre of the handlebars. Front wheels are now up to 13" with larger 258 mm discs.
Did You Know?
MP3 stands for Piaggio bike with 3 wheels.
Review In A Few
- Low speed stability and grip
- Pricey when new
- Limited range
- Top speed
Capacity: 492 cc (average)
Power: 40 bhp / 30 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 90 mph / 145 km/h (average)
Economy: 55 mpg / 5.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 12.0 litres / 2.6 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 790 mm / 31.1 inches (low)
Dry Weight: 244 kg / 538 pounds
Launch RRP: £7,500
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: