Piaggio MP3 500 For Sale
The Piaggio MP3 500 is a premium three wheeled maxi scooter and is powered by a 492cc single cylinder engine which puts out an A2 licence friendly 40bhp.
- Low speed stability and grip, practicality, comfort
- Heavy, limited range, storage, pricey when new, top speed
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 492cc single cylinder four stroke fuel injected engine which puts out 40bhp at 7,200rpm and maximum torque at 5,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- Dual 240mm discs up front with single piston calipers
- 280mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable dual rear shocks with 108mm travel
- ABS system, traction control
- Foot brake for all wheels
- Steel braided brake lines
- Centre stand, USB port above dash
The new 500 replaces the 400 in the MP3 range and as before the front wheels can be locked when upright, below 5mph, which is indicated by a few beeps, to keep it steady at the lights or when parked. It still auto-releases the lock when you set off and it's still cool. The advantage of two front wheels and fancy suspension is increased grip in the corners and while braking.
The 10-spoke 12" front wheels take 120/70 tyres and the rear 14" a 140/70. Accessories include the 37/50 litre top box, 42 litre panniers, comfort seat, sat nav, upgraded shocks and tall screen.
Colours: Black, white, grey, blue
2018: Now £8,750 it's available in Sport and Business trims with improved seat, better screen, LED indicators, 4.2bhp more power and improved brakes. The Sport version gets an improved shock and wavy discs while the Business version gets the fancy circular TomTom sat nav in the centre of the handlebars. Front wheels are now up to 13" with with larger 258mm discs.
Did You Know?
MP3 means Piaggio bike with 3 wheels
Something wrong? Let us know.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
- Related Model
Check out this video from MrKiddo: