Piaggio MP3 500 Scooters For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (790 mm / 31.1 inches)
- Dry Weight: Very Heavy (244 kg / 538 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (12.0 litres / 3.2 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (55 mpg / 5.1 l/100km / 19.5 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Average (90 mph / 145 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (492 cc)
- Power: Average (40 bhp / 30 kW)
- Redline: Average (8,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £7,500
For Sale (8)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Piaggio MP3 500 is a premium three wheeled maxi scooter and is powered by a liquid cooled 492 cc single cylinder engine, producing 40 bhp at 7,200 rpm and maximum torque at 5,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- Dual 240 mm discs up front with single piston calipers
- 280 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable dual rear shocks with 108 mm travel
- ABS system
- Traction control
- Foot brake for all wheels
- Steel braided brake lines
- USB port above dash
- Centre stand
The new 500 replaces the 400 in the MP3 range. The front wheels can be locked when upright, below 5 mph which is indicated by a few beeps, to keep it steady at the lights or when parked.
It auto-releases the lock when you set off and it's still a cool feature. Two front wheels and fancy suspension offers increased grip in the corners and while braking.
The 10-spoke 12" front wheels take 120/70 tyres and the rear 14" a 140/70.
Accessories include the 37/50 litre top box, 42 litre panniers, comfort seat, sat nav, upgraded shocks and tall screen.
Colours: Black, white, grey, blueDid You Know?
MP3 stands for Piaggio bike with 3 wheels.
Model History & Updates
2018: Now £8,750 it's available in Sport and Business trims with an improved seat, better screen, LED indicators, 4.2 bhp more power and improved brakes. The Sport version gets an improved shock and wavy discs while the Business version gets the fancy circular TomTom sat nav in the centre of the handlebars. Front wheels are now up to 13" with larger 258 mm discs.