Suzuki Burgman 650 Scooters For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (760 mm / 29.9 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (277 kg / 611 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (15.0 litres / 4.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (55 mpg / 5.1 l/100km / 19.5 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: High (110 mph / 177 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (638 cc)
- Power: Average (54 bhp / 40 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.195 bhp/kg / 0.145 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (7,800 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £9,000
For Sale (6)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The Suzuki Burgman 650 is a premium maxi scooter and is powered by a liquid cooled 638 cc parallel twin four stroke engine, putting out 54 bhp at 7,000 rpm and maximum torque at 5,000 rpm.
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- Dual 260 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 250 mm rear disc with two piston caliper
- 41 mm front fork with 110 mm travel
- Dual rear shocks with 100 mm travel
- Heated grips
- Heated seats
- Electric screen
- Electric folding mirrors
- Parking brake
- Ignition cover
- Adjustable rider backrest
Improvements over the previous model include a tad more fuel efficiency, new clutch with less drag for easier manual manoeuvring, new dash, economical riding alert, new floating brake discs and lighter digital C-ABS system which reacts more quickly.
By default it acts like a standard automatic scooter gearbox but you can put it in a 6 speed semi-auto mode and make use of the gear position indicator on the dash by using the thumb gear selector. This isn't usually possible with a standard CVT gearbox but the Burgman is unique in that it electronically varies the width of the drive belt with each "gear" and this is what the buttons control. You can read all about it over here.
The full auto Drive mode gives you linear power delivery with a focus on efficiency. Power mode gives you full power at the expense of efficiency. You'll likely ignore these options though and leave it in standard drive mode.
The Burgman continues to be all about storage with a huge 50 litre underseat space for two full face helmets and there are also three glove boxes with the lockable one containing the 12V power socket for your mobile.
The 15" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 14" a 160/60.
Accessories include the 39 / 47 litre top cases, a "garnish" for the headlights, shiny master cylinder caps, side stand and a small bag to sit between your legs.
Colours: Black, white, greyDid You Know?
Outside the UK there is often a standard and Executive model available but we only see the top model here. The Executive package adds ABS, the advanced electric options and pillion backrest.
It's often called the Burger Van and is also known as the AN650.
Popularity & How Many Left