Suzuki Burgman 400 Scooters For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (755 mm / 29.7 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (215 kg / 474 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (13.5 litres / 3.6 US gallons)
- Economy: Good (60 mpg / 4.7 l/100km / 21.2 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: Average (95 mph / 153 km/h)
- Capacity: Low (399 cc)
- Power: Average (31 bhp / 23 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.144 bhp/kg / 0.108 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Medium (£47 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £6,300
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from spicy110.
What Is It?
The Suzuki Burgman 400 is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 399 cc single cylinder four stroke engine, producing 30.8 bhp at 6,300 rpm and maximum torque at 4,800 rpm.
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt drive
- Dual 260 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 210 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Nissin ABS system
- 41 mm fork with 110 mm travel
- Rear shock with 7-level pre-load adjustment
- LED lighting all round
- Eco Drive Indicator
- Low RPM Assist
- Rear parking brake
Compared to the 1999-2006 model you get 7 kg lopped off the weight, new aggressive bodywork, more stylish screen, stiffer frame, new muffler, a more stylish seat with 20 mm more padding, 40 mm higher seat, LED headlights and position lights, new LED tail light, 0.75 kg lighter ABS and a larger 15" front wheel.
The engine gets a new larger air box for improved low-mid range torque and a new Iridium spark plug but it's a few bhp down on the previous model.
As before the rider backrest moves backwards and forwards (15 mm / 30 mm) for maximum comfort and the smaller 42 litre underseat storage can take one full face helmet.
There are two non-lockable cubby holes in the steering column offering 6.3 litres more storage, the larger left one with a 12V socket for charging, but Suzuki suggest only using it when the engine is running.
For security you also still get the immobiliser system complete with key coded ignition shield and chain lock gate.
The 15" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 13" a 150/70.
Accessories include a tall screen, top case, heated grips and handguards.
- 2017-2018: Black with red wheels, white, grey
- 2019: Black, blue, white (red wheels)
- 2020: Black (blue wheels), white (blue wheels), blue
- 2021: Black, grey, silver
It's also known as the AN400 and the Skywave.
Model History & Updates
2021: Euro 5 compliant, improved power delivery, traction control, updated ABS system and easy start system. Check out this video from Suzuki.
Popularity & How Many Left