Yamaha X-MAX 400 Scooters For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (800 mm / 31.5 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (210 kg / 463 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (13.0 litres / 3.4 US gallons)
- Economy: Good (65 mpg / 4.3 l/100km / 23.0 km/l)
- Range: High (190 miles / 306 km)
- Top Speed: Average (100 mph / 161 km/h)
- Capacity: Low (395 cc)
- Power: Average (33 bhp / 25 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.157 bhp/kg / 0.117 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,200 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Medium (£47 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £6,000
For Sale (4)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
What Is It?
The Yamaha X-MAX 400 is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 395 cc single cylinder engine, producing 32.9 bhp at 7,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- Dual 267 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 267 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS and traction control
- Fork with 110 mm travel
- Dual rear shocks with 107 mm travel
- Tool adjustable handlebars / screen
- LED lighting all round, parking brake
- Keyless ignition with remote lock and locate
Compared to the 2013-2017 X-MAX 400 power is up 2 bhp, seat height 15 mm and weight down 5 kg however there is 1 litre less fuel capacity. You also now get a dual LED headlight with third central high beam, a new seat design, more prominent grab rails, keyless ignition and traction control.
It gets the looks from the 2017 X-MAX 300; in fact it's essentially the same bike with a larger engine, larger exhaust, larger rear disc, dual front discs and oddly a 1" smaller rear wheel.
Storage is good with the larger underseat area sporting space for two full face helmets and a 12V socket. There are two cubbyholes in the steering column, the left of which has a 12V socket for charging phones etc. The 15" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 13" a 150/70.
Accessories include a small sports screen, Akrapovic performance exhaust, pillion backrest, floor plates, top box and comfort seat.
- 2017-2019: Grey, silver, blue, black (Iron Max)
- 2020: Grey, silver, blue, black (Tech MAX), green (Tech MAX)
Model History & Updates
2019: Iron Max special edition launched which gets you a black colour scheme, fancy seat, matching leather detailing patches on the steering column, Aluminium foot plates, smoked tail light and Chrome detailing on the dash.
2020: Tech MAX edition launched with Chrome dash surround, special stitched seat, Aluminium footplates and leather glove box covers.
Popularity & How Many Left