Yamaha X-MAX 400 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 4 of 10
Current Prices: £6,050–£4,350
What Is It?
The Yamaha X-MAX 400 is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 395 cc single cylinder engine, producing 32.9 bhp at 7,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- Dual 267 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 267 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS and traction control
- Fork with 110 mm travel
- Dual rear shocks with 107 mm travel
- Tool adjustable handlebars / screen
- LED lighting all round, parking brake
- Keyless ignition with remote lock and locate
Compared to the 2013-2017 X-MAX 400 power is up 2 bhp, seat height 15 mm and weight down 5 kg however there is 1 litre less fuel capacity. You also now get a dual LED headlight with third central high beam, a new seat design, more prominent grab rails, keyless ignition and traction control.
It gets the looks from the 2017 X-MAX 300; in fact it's essentially the same bike with a larger engine, larger exhaust, larger rear disc, dual front discs and oddly a 1" smaller rear wheel.
Storage is good with the larger underseat area sporting space for two full face helmets and a 12V socket. There are two cubbyholes in the steering column, the left of which has a 12V socket for charging phones etc. The 15" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 13" a 150/70.
Accessories include a small sports screen, Akrapovic performance exhaust, pillion backrest, floor plates, top box and comfort seat.
- 2017-2019: Grey, silver, blue, black (Iron Max)
- 2020: Grey, silver, blue, black (Tech MAX), green (Tech MAX)
2019: Iron Max special edition launched which gets you a black colour scheme, fancy seat, matching leather detailing patches on the steering column, Aluminium foot plates, smoked tail light and Chrome detailing on the dash.
2020: Tech MAX edition launched with Chrome dash surround, special stitched seat, Aluminium footplates and leather glove box covers.
Capacity: 395 cc (low)
Power: 33 bhp / 25 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,200 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 100 mph / 161 km/h (average)
Economy: 65 mpg / 4.3 L/100km (good)
Range: 190 miles / 306 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 13.0 litres / 2.9 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 800 mm / 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 210 kg / 463 pounds (heavy)
Launch RRP: £6,000
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: