BMW C400 X For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW C400 X is an A2 licence friendly maxi scooter with all the toys and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 350 cc single cylinder engine, producing 33.5 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- Tubular Steel frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 265 mm discs up front with ByBre four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Continental dual channel ABS system
- Steel braided brake lines
- 35 mm fork with 110 mm travel
- Dual rear shocks with adjustable pre-load and 112 mm travel
- Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Centre stand
BMW have gone to great lengths to isolate and filter out vibrations from the engine while equipment is generous with good brakes, traction control with off mode, foldout pillion foot rests, LED lighting all round and the indicators integrated into the sides of the front fairing.
Two key options are the full colour 6.5" TFT dash with multi controller which connects to your phone for music / sat nav instructions and the LED Daytime Running Light (DRL) which makes use of fibre optics for the DRL bit - check the pics. The headlight is a brand new design and shared with the 2018 F750GS and F850GS.
Storage is pretty typical for a mid sized maxi-scooter with two storage compartments in the steering column, the right with a 12V socket and space for two helmets under the seat.
Like the C650 there is an expanding Flexicase compartment under the pillion seat, maintaining clean lines if you don't actually need to store a helmet in that bit however it only works when parked up. The 10-spoke 15" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 14" a 150/70.
Accessories include the colour TFT dash (Connectivity Package), heated grips, heated seats, tall screen, low 760mm seat, keyless start, crash bars, LED fog lights and 30 litre top case. The Comfort package gets you the heated grips and seat.
Colours: Blue, white/red, black
2019: C400 GT launched with improved weather protection, better seat, fancy TFT dash as standard and symmetrical headlight.
Did You Know?
The drive unit only weighs 47kg.
Review In A Few
- Dual discs up front, braided lines
- The DRL headlight is interesting
Capacity: 350 cc (low)
Power: 34 bhp / 25 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 90 mph / 145 km/h (average)
Economy: 70 mpg / 4.0 L/100km (good)
Range: 200 miles / 322 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 12.8 litres / 2.8 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 775 mm / 30.5 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 204 kg / 450 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.167 bhp/kg / 0.124 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £6,200
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2018||27||-||27||59 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||60 / month|