BMW C650 GT For Sale
The 2016 BMW C650 GT is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter and is powered by a 647cc parallel twin engine which puts out 60bhp. It replaced the original 2012 model.
What Is It?
The new C650 GT is powered by a water cooled 647cc two cylinder four stroke engine, outputting 60bhp at 7,500rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm. If you are considering the GT you might also find the C evolution interesting.
- Tubular steel frame
- Automatic CVT gearbox with enclosed chain drive
- Twin 270mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 270mm disc at the rear with 2 piston caliper
- Steel braided brake lines
- 40mm upside down fork with 115mm travel
- Rear swingarm with 115mm travel
- Dual 55W Halogen lights
- Rear LED brake and storage light
- Bosch 9.1MB ABS and traction control (ASC)
- Centre stand operated parking brake
- Fuel injection
Improvements over the previous model include a new engine mapping, CVT gearbox, clutch and silencer; the aim is to provide more immediate response while also keeping down the emissions. Elsewhere the design, suspension and centre stand set-up get a bit of a refresh and upgrade.
The 15" die cast Aluminium wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and 160/60 at the rear. In terms of storage the seat can take two full face helmets and the left of the two glove boxes contains a 12v socket for your devices.
The C650 GT is designed with touring and comfort in mind, compared to the sportier C650 Sport which is 12kg lighter and has a 5mm lower seat. It's also £300 less to buy.
Unique to the GT is optional Side View Assist which monitors your blind spots with ultrasound sensors and sets off little warning triangles on the mirror stalks to alert you - clever stuff. Other driver aids include central LED way home lights which stay on for a bit after the ignition is switched off. Your pillion also gets proper footboards for added comfort while you get better wind protection from the taller and electrically adjustable screen (manual knobs on the sports).
Options include a lower 785mm seat, alarm, auto-switching daytime running light, heated grips, 35 litre top case, tinted windscreen, pillion backrest and LED indicators.
- Highline spec: heated grips, heated seat and tyre pressure control.
- Safety package: daytime riding light and side view assist (SVA).
For the A2 licence the bike can be restricted to 47bhp as a free option.
- 2016-2017: Black, white, bronze
- 2018: Black, white, blue, Option 719 (bronze sparkling)
2018: Drive train now black, brown seat available with Option 719 paint job, Side View Assist can be turned off from menu
Something wrong? Let us know.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
- Related Model
Check out this honest review from birdoneword: