Yamaha TMAX Scooters For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha TMAX is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 562 cc parallel twin engine, producing 46.9 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 5,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt drive
- Dual 267 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 282 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Fully adjustable rear shock with 117 mm travel
- ABS, traction control, two ride modes
- LED lighting all round, keyless start
- 55 mm adjustable screen (with tools)
Compared to the 2017-2019 model there's a new 32 cc larger engine with 6% more torque, easier pillion access, up to date LED indicators, new tail light design, new larger exhaust, tweaked suspension and two ride modes as standard but it's 5 kg heavier.
Under the seat is enough storage for one full face or two open helmets and there's a large powered cubbyhole on the right. The 5-spoke 15" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax SC 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Replacing the previous range topping DX is the new £11,650 Tech MAX edition which includes cruise control, connectivity, heated grips, heated seat and an electric screen which adjusts over 135 mm but it's 2 kg heavier than the base version.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, heated seat (£443), sports seat (£229), heated grips (£165), 50 litre top box (£205), TPMS (£137), pillion back rest (£122), handguards, small sport screen and a range of billet bits.
- TMAX: Black, grey (blue wheels)
- TMAX Tech Max: Black, green (gold wheels/fork), blue
Over 275,000 have been sold in Europe.
Launch RRP: £10,200
Capacity: 562 cc (average)
Power: 47 bhp, 35 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 110 mph, 177 km/h (high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 50 mpg, 5.6 l/100km, 17.7 km/l (average)
Range: 160 miles, 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres, 4.0 US gallons (average)
Seat Height: 800 mm, 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 218 kg, 481 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.216 bhp/kg, 0.161 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £69 / Year (high)
Model History & Updates
2021: TMAX 20th Anniversary launched with Carbon Fibre bodywork, unique heated seat with yellow detailing, heated grips and number plaque showing which of the 560 limited production run it is.
Review In A Few
- Motorbike speed and handling
- Car style dash
- LED lighting
- Screen tools needed for non-DX
- On the pricey side
- Quite heavy