Yamaha TMAX Scooters For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (800 mm / 31.5 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (218 kg / 481 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (15.0 litres / 4.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (50 mpg / 5.6 l/100km / 17.7 km/l)
- Range: High (160 miles / 257 km)
- Top Speed: High (110 mph / 177 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (562 cc)
- Power: Average (47 bhp / 35 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.216 bhp/kg / 0.161 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £10,200
For Sale (12)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Yamaha TMAX is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 562 cc parallel twin engine, producing 46.9 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 5,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt drive
- Dual 267 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 282 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Fully adjustable rear shock with 117 mm travel
- ABS, traction control, two ride modes
- LED lighting all round, keyless start
- 55 mm adjustable screen (with tools)
Compared to the 2017-2019 model there's a new 32 cc larger engine with 6% more torque, easier pillion access, up to date LED indicators, new tail light design, new larger exhaust, tweaked suspension and two ride modes as standard but it's 5 kg heavier.
Under the seat is enough storage for one full face or two open helmets and there's a large powered cubbyhole on the right. The 5-spoke 15" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax SC 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Replacing the previous range topping DX is the new £11,650 Tech MAX edition which includes cruise control, connectivity, heated grips, heated seat and an electric screen which adjusts over 135 mm but it's 2 kg heavier than the base version.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, heated seat (£443), sports seat (£229), heated grips (£165), 50 litre top box (£205), TPMS (£137), pillion back rest (£122), handguards, small sport screen and a range of billet bits.
- TMAX: Black, grey (blue wheels)
- TMAX Tech Max: Black, green (gold wheels/fork), blue
Over 275,000 have been sold in Europe.
Model History & Updates
2021: TMAX 20th Anniversary launched with Carbon Fibre bodywork, unique heated seat with yellow detailing, heated grips and number plaque showing which of the 560 limited production run it is.