Yamaha TMAX For Sale
The 2001 Yamaha TMAX is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter with sporty bike credentials and is powered by a 500cc parallel twin engine which puts out 45bhp. It was updated in 2008, 2012, 2015 and 2017.
What Is It?
The original TMAX was powered by a liquid cooled 499cc parallel twin four stroke engine, producing 44.9bhp at 6,750rpm and maximum power at 5,500rpm. It's mounted to the Steel tubular frame as a stressed member for increased rigidity.
- Automatic CVT gearbox with enclosed chain final drive
- Dual 267mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers (single prior to 2004)
- 267mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 38mm telescopic fork with 120mm travel (41mm from 2004)
- Rear shock with 120mm travel
- Electric starter and fuel injection
- Folding rear pegs
The 14" three spoke wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/70 at the rear although from 2004 the rear wheel grew to 15". Elsewhere there is a handy glove box on the right and the underseat storage takes a full face helmet while also being illuminated.
2004 saw an increased compression ratio, fuel injection, power jump from 40 to 45bhp, an increase in fork size, 3 to 5 spoke wheels and 14 to 15" rear wheel. The front brakes are now dual discs, the rear has a parking brake and the console sees a major update with a rev counter.
From 2005 optional ABS adds 5kg to the weight.
The 2006 special edition TMAX Black (Black Max) features a black colour scheme with red detailing on the seat and calipers. The rims are also polished.
2007 introduces the Night Max special edition, a bit like the Black Max but with blue instead of red.
- 2001: Yellow, blue, silver
- 2002: Red, plum, yellow, silver
- 2003: Blue, red, plum, silver
- 2004: Silver, dark blue, light blue, black
- 2005: Blue, red, silver, black
- 2006: White/blue, blue/grey, black
- 2007: Silver, blue, black
Did You Know?
The Tmax was one of the first big engined scooters and sold around 100,000 units in Europe
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (4)
- 1 of 2
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!