Yamaha TMAX For Sale
The 2001 Yamaha TMAX is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter with sporty bike credentials and is powered by a 500cc parallel twin engine which puts out 45bhp. It was updated in 2008, 2012, 2015 and 2017.
What Is It?
The original TMAX was powered by a liquid cooled 499cc parallel twin four stroke engine, producing 44.9bhp at 6,750rpm and maximum power at 5,500rpm. It's mounted to the Steel tubular frame as a stressed member for increased rigidity.
- Automatic CVT gearbox with enclosed chain final drive
- Dual 267mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers (single prior to 2004)
- 267mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 38mm telescopic fork with 120mm travel (41mm from 2004)
- Rear shock with 120mm travel
- Electric starter and fuel injection
- Folding rear pegs
The 14" three spoke wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/70 at the rear although from 2004 the rear wheel grew to 15". Elsewhere there is a handy glove box on the right and the underseat storage takes a full face helmet while also being illuminated.
2004 saw an increased compression ratio, fuel injection, power jump from 40 to 45bhp, an increase in fork size, 3 to 5 spoke wheels and 14 to 15" rear wheel. The front brakes are now dual discs, the rear has a parking brake and the console sees a major update with a rev counter.
From 2005 optional ABS adds 5kg to the weight.
The 2006 special edition TMAX Black (Black Max) features a black colour scheme with red detailing on the seat and calipers. The rims are also polished.
2007 introduces the Night Max special edition, a bit like the Black Max but with blue instead of red.
- 2001: Yellow, blue, silver
- 2002: Red, plum, yellow, silver
- 2003: Blue, red, plum, silver
- 2004: Silver, dark blue, light blue, black
- 2005: Blue, red, silver, black
- 2006: White/blue, blue/grey, black
- 2007: Silver, blue, black
Did You Know?
The Tmax was one of the first big engined scooters and sold around 100,000 units in Europe
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Check out this in depth review from Men and Motors:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|