Yamaha TMAX For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha TMAX is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter with sporty bike credentials and is powered by a liquid cooled 499 cc parallel twin engine, producing 42.9 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm. It's a stressed member of the frame for added rigidity and low down to aid the centre of gravity.
- Aluminium frame
- Automatic CVT gearbox with enclosed chain drive
- Dual 267 mm front disc brakes with two piston calipers
- 267 mm rear disc brake with single piston caliper
- 43 mm telescopic fork with 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with 116 mm travel
- Centre stand, parking brake
- Adjustable brake lever
- Fold out pillion pegs
Compared to the 2001-2007 model there's a longer wheelbase, larger 15" front wheel, new 5 kg lighter Aluminium frame, new bodywork, improved suspension with a larger fork, new muffler, new dash, new steering column layout and a slight increase in fuel capacity.
Yamaha's aim was to make it feel even more like a motorbike in terms of handling by moving the riding position forward slightly.
The underseat area can take one full face helmet and there are also a couple of small non-lockable glove boxes. The 6-spoke 15" wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and a 160/60 at the rear.
Accessories include the ABS system (+4 kg), colour coded 39 litre (£130) / 50 litre (£170) top case, tall screen, small sport screen and pillion back rest.
- 2008: Grey, silver, blue, black
- 2009: Silver, yellow, grey, black
- 2010-2011: White, blue, silver, black
Did You Know?
It's also sometimes called the XP500.
Capacity: 499 cc (average)
Power: 43 bhp / 32 kW (average)
Red Line: 7,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 95 mph / 153 km/h (average)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 3.3 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 800 mm / 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 221 kg / 487 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 203 kg / 448 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.195 bhp/kg / 0.145 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £7,800
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2008||59||35||94||26 / month|
|2011||34||13||47||30 / month|