Yamaha TMAX For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha TMAX is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 530 cc parallel twin engine, producing 45.3 bhp at 6,750 rpm and maximum torque at 5,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt drive
- Dual 267 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 282 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS and two ride modes
- 41 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 117 mm travel
- Traction control with off mode
- LED lighting all round
- 55 mm adjustable screen (with tools)
- Battery charging socket
- Centre stand
Compared to the 2015-2016 version there are now two versions available, with the DX adding a bunch of extra kit. There's a new lighter frame design, new indicators, 40 mm longer swingarm, Euro 4 muffler, ABS as standard, ride modes, traction control, better mass centralisation with 9 kg off the weight, 15 mm narrower Carbon reinforced drive belt and new horizontal shock at the rear.
You also get new 1 kg lighter wheels, a new larger under seat storage area, new multi function TFT dash and remote start smart key. The 5-spoke 15" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Accessories include the wireless Dainese D-AIR auto inflate air vest system, heated comfort seat (£360), sport seat (£186), 39 litre top box (£127), 50 litre top box (£183), heated grips (£136), small black screen and Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system.
The £10,700 DX gets you a better quality interior finish, town and sport ride modes, cruise control, a cool electrically adjustable screen operated from the left handlebar with 135 mm range, heated rider seat and heated grips with auto shut off. It's 3kg heavier than the base version.
- TMAX 2017-2019: Black
- TMAX DX 2017-2018: Black (gold fork/caliper), blue, white (2019)
Over 250,000 have been sold in Europe since 2001 and it's also known as the XP500.
2018: The blue model now has a black finish to the frame.
Review In A Few
- Motorbike speed and handling
- Screen tools needed for non-DX
- On the pricey side
Launch RRP: £9,400
Capacity: 530 cc (average)
Power: 45 bhp / 34 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 100 mph / 161 km/h (average)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 3.3 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 800 mm / 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 213 kg / 470 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.211 bhp/kg / 0.158 kW/kg
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left