Yamaha TMAX First Look
Insurance Costs: 5 of 10
Get a quote with The Bike Insurer
Get a quote with Compare the Market
Power: 47 bhp
Engine: 562 cc, 8,000 rpm red line, 100 mph top speed
Economy: 50 mpg
Range: 160 miles from the 15.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 800 mm
Weight: 218 kg (wet)
What Is It?
The Yamaha TMAX is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 562cc parallel twin engine, producing 46.9bhp at 7,500rpm and maximum torque at 5,250rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt drive
- Dual 267mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 282mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 117mm travel
- ABS, traction control, two ride modes
- LED lighting all round, keyless start
- 55mm adjustable screen (with tools)
Compared to the 2017-2019 model there's a new 62cc larger engine with 6% more torque, easier pillion access, up to date LED indicators, new tail light design, new larger exhaust and two ride modes as standard but it's 5kg heavier.
Under the seat is enough storage for one full face or two open helmets. The 5-spoke 15" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Replacing the previous range topping DX is the new Tech MAX edition which includes cruise control, connectivity, heated grips / seat and an electric screen which adjusts over 135mm but it's 2kg heavier than the base version.
Accessories include the heated seat (£443), sports seat (£229), heated grips (£165), 50 litre top box (£205), TPMS (£137), back rest (£122), handguards and a range of billet bits.
- TMAX: Black, grey (blue wheels)
- TMAX Tech Max: Black, green (gold wheels/fork)
It should hit the dealers December 2019
Did You Know?
Over 275,000 have been sold in Europe.
Check out this video from Yamaha.
Something wrong? Let us know.