Yamaha TMAX For Sale
The 2017 Yamaha TMAX is an A2 licence friendly standard setting premium maxi scooter and is powered by a 530cc parallel twin engine which puts out 45bhp. It was first launched in 2001 and updated in 2008, 2012 and 2015.
- Motorbike speed and handling with scooter practicality
- Screen tools needed for non-DX, on the pricey side
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 530cc parallel twin cylinder engine, producing 45.3bhp at 6,750rpm and maximum torque at 5,250rpm. RRP is £9,400 or £10,700 for the DX model.
- Cast Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt drive
- Dual 267mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 282mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS (constant) and two ride modes
- 41mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 117mm travel
- Traction control with off mode
- LED lights and position lights
- 55mm adjustable screen (with tools)
- Battery charging socket
- Centre stand
Compared to the 2015-2016 version there are now two versions available, with the DX adding a bunch of extra kit. There's a new lighter frame design, new indicators, 40mm longer swingarm, Euro 4 muffler, ABS as standard, chip controlled throttle (YCC-T), traction control, better mass centralisation with 9kg off the weight, 15mm narrower carbon reinforced drive belt and new horizontal shock at the rear.
You also get new 1kg lighter tyres, a new larger under seat storage area, new multi function TFT dash (check the pics) and remote start smart key. The 5-spoke cast Aluminium 15" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Accessories include the wireless Dainese D-AIR auto inflate air vest system, heated comfort seat (£360), sport seat (£186), 39 litre top box (£127), 50 litre top box (£183), heated grips (£136), small black sporty screen and Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system.
The £1,300 more DX gets you a better quality interior finish, town and sport riding modes, cruise control, a cool electrically adjustable screen operated from the left handlebar with 135mm range, heated rider seat and heated grips with auto shut off. It's 3kg heavier than the base version.
- TMAX 2017-2019: Black
- TMAX DX 2017-2018: Black (gold fork/caliper), blue, white (2019)
2018: The blue model now has a black finish to the frame, improving the looks.
Did You Know?
Over 250,000 have been sold in Europe since 2001
Something wrong? Let us know.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Check out this review from TheMissendenFlyer: