Yamaha TMAX For Sale
The 2017 Yamaha TMAX is an A2 licence friendly standard setting premium maxi scooter and is powered by a 530cc parallel twin engine which puts out 45bhp. It was first launched in 2001 and updated in 2008, 2012 and 2015.
What Is It?
- Motorbike speed and handling with scooter practicality
- Screen tools needed for non-DX, on the pricey side
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 530cc parallel twin cylinder engine, producing 45.3bhp at 6,750rpm and maximum torque at 5,250rpm. RRP is £9,400 or £10,700 for the DX model.
- Cast Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt drive
- Dual 267mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 282mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS (constant) and two ride modes
- 41mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 117mm travel
- Traction control with off mode
- LED lights and position lights
- 55mm adjustable screen (with tools)
- Battery charging socket
- Centre stand
Compared to the 2015-2016 version there are now two versions available, with the DX adding a bunch of extra kit. There's a new lighter frame design, new indicators, 40mm longer swingarm, Euro 4 muffler, ABS as standard, chip controlled throttle (YCC-T), traction control, better mass centralisation with 9kg off the weight, 15mm narrower carbon reinforced drive belt and new horizontal shock at the rear.
You also get new 1kg lighter tyres, a new larger under seat storage area, new multi function TFT dash (check the pics) and remote start smart key. The 5-spoke cast Aluminium 15" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Accessories include the wireless Dainese D-AIR auto inflate air vest system, heated comfort seat (£360), sport seat (£186), 39 litre top box (£127), 50 litre top box (£183), heated grips (£136), small black sporty screen and Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system.
The £1,300 more DX gets you a better quality interior finish, town and sport riding modes, cruise control, a cool electrically adjustable screen operated from the left handlebar with 135mm range, heated rider seat and heated grips with auto shut off. It's 3kg heavier than the base version.
- TMAX 2017-2019: Black
- TMAX DX 2017-2018: Black (gold fork/caliper), blue, white (2019)
2018: The blue model now has a black finish to the frame, improving the looks.
Did You Know?
Over 250,000 have been sold in Europe since 2001
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (28)
- 1 of 10
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Check out this review from TheMissendenFlyer: