Honda X-ADV For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda X-ADV is a premium maxi scooter with some serious touring and light off-road credentials. It's powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 745 cc parallel twin engine, producing 57.8 bhp at 6,750 rpm and maximum torque at 4,750 rpm.
- Steel frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT)
- Enclosed chain final drive
- Dual 296 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS system
- Adjustable 41 mm upside down fork with 154 mm travel
- Rear shock with pre-load adjustment and 150 mm travel
- 5-level screen over 139 mm
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Gravel, Sport, Custom
- 3-level traction control plus off
- 3-level engine power and engine braking
- Centre stand
- LED lighting
- 2.5 mm Aluminium belly pan
- Keyless start
- Adjustable levers
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The X-ADV is essentially an off-road motorbike shaped like a scooter, with long travel suspension, a comfortable riding position and spoked wheels so it's ideally suited to the UK's potholed roads or further afield.
Compared to the 2017-2020 model there's a new 1 kg lighter frame, 1.4 kg lighter engine with 4 bhp more power 500 rpm higher up the range and a 500 rpm higher redline.
Honda have also added sharper bodywork, a modern 5" TFT dash with connectivity, 5 ride modes, traction control, a reshaped seat for easier ground reach, improvements to the screen, emergency braking indicator flashers and it's 2 kg lighter.
The 22 litres of storage under the seat is up 1 litre, includes a new USB Type-C socket and there is now a handy glovebox as well.
Honda's DCT has a fully automatic mode and simulated manual mode, with the auto modes offering 3 levels of S mode for sporty riding or D for more economical riding. You can even interrupt it to quickly downshift before overtaking, then it will take over in auto mode again.
The wire-spoked 17" front wheel takes a Bridgestone Battlax Adventurecross tubeless 120/70 tyre and the rear 15" a 160/60.
Accessories include the colour coded 50 litre top box with room for two full face helmets, silver 38 litre top box, 26 litre + 33 litre panniers, protection bars, heated grips, off-road pegs and LED fog lights.
- 2021: Black, grey, silver, red
X stands for Adventure and ADV for Advanced.
Capacity: 745 cc (average)
Power: 58 bhp / 43 kW (average)
Red Line: 7,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 110 mph / 177 km/h (high)
Economy: 65 mpg / 4.3 L/100km (good)
Range: 190 miles / 306 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 13.2 litres / 2.9 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 236 kg / 520 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.246 bhp/kg / 0.183 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Excellent DCT gearbox
- Wind protection
- Check your full face helmet fits
- Quite pricey new
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: