Yamaha TMAX Scooters For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (800 mm / 31.5 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (218 kg / 481 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (14.0 litres / 3.7 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (120 miles / 193 km)
- Top Speed: Average (90 mph / 145 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (499 cc)
- Power: Average (40 bhp / 30 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.183 bhp/kg / 0.137 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (7,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
What Is It?
The Yamaha TMAX is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter with sporty bike credentials and is powered by a liquid cooled 499 cc parallel twin four stroke engine, producing 40 bhp at 6,750 rpm and maximum power at 5,500 rpm. It's a stressed member of the frame for increased rigidity.
- Steel tubular frame
- Automatic CVT gearbox with enclosed chain final drive
- 267 mm disc up front with single piston caliper
- 267 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 38 mm telescopic fork with 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Folding rear pegs
There is a handy glove box on the right and the lit underseat storage takes a full face helmet. The 3-spoke 14" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 150/70 at the rear.
- 2001: Yellow, blue, silver
- 2002: Red, plum, yellow, silver
- 2003: Blue, red, plum, silver
- 2004: Silver, dark blue, light blue, black
- 2005: Blue, red, silver, black
- 2006: White/blue, blue/grey, black
- 2007: Silver, blue, black
The Tmax was one of the first big engined scooters and sold around 100,000 units in Europe.
Model History & Updates
2004: Increased compression ratio, fuel injection, power jump from 40 to 45bhp, fork up to 41mm, 3 to 5 spoke wheels, front brakes upgraded to two piston calipers and rear wheel up to 15". The front brakes are now dual discs, the rear has a parking brake and the console sees a major update with a rev counter.
2005: Optional ABS adds 5 kg to the weight.
2006: Special edition TMAX Black (Black Max) features a black colour scheme with red detailing on the seat and calipers. The rims are also polished.
2007: Night Max special edition, a bit like the Black Max but with blue instead of red.
Popularity & How Many Left