Peugeot Metropolis For Sale
What Is It?
The Peugeot Metropolis is an A2 licence friendly 3-wheeled maxi scooter and is powered by a liquid cooled 400 cc single cylinder four stroke engine, producing 36.7 bhp at 7,250 rpm and maximum torque at 5,500 rpm.
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- Dual 230 mm discs up front with Nissin two piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Combined Braking System (CBS)
- Dual rear shocks with pre-load adjustment
- Hand adjustable screen over 130 mm / 3 positions
- Adjustable rider's backrest over 40 mm
- Keyless start with one key
- Parking brake, centre stand
- Vertical LED position lights
Like a number of other three wheelers the front two tilt in unison when cornering, so it corners more like a bike than a car and one button press under 6 mph will lock it in upright mode for parking / slow moving traffic with it auto-releasing as you add more throttle again.
Another cool and somewhat practical feature, alongside the usual but smallish underseat storage and 12V equipped glovebox, is an actual car style boot for your helmet with interior light.
Accessories include hand guards, taller pillion backrest, satnav, top box, side wind protectors, footplates, tall screen and a special U-lock that fits both front wheels.
It's available in two versions with 9-spoke 12" wheels, taking 120/70 tyres at the front and 140/70 at the rear.
- 400 Metro - £7,000 - Grey, silver or white.
- 400 RS - £7,200 - Red detailing on the grill/wheels and metal footplates. Black, grey, silver, white or blue.
2017: New 50% stiffer front frame, Euro 4 engine, lighter steering, USB socket in glovebox, larger boot to hold a full face helmet, 13" 6-spoke wheels at the front (Michelin Citygrip 110/70), 14" at the rear (140/70), Continental ABS system with 23% reduced stopping distance, two piston rear caliper, TPMS, a second key and there's now traction control with 2 modes plus off however it's 2 kg heavier.
- 400 Metro - £7,800 - Grey, white or brown
- 400 RS - £7,900 - Small sporty tinted screen with red detailing on the grill, seat and black wheels. Grey or silver.
- 400 RX-R - £7,900 - Red side panels, footplates and small sporty tinted screen. Black/red.
2018: Special edition celebrating Peugeot's 120 years in bikes which gets you front / rear dashcams, a special seat, Aluminium footboards and a shiny grill plate. RRP is £8,200.
2019: Red colour scheme added to standard model and black with red detailing to the RS.
2020: Ultimate Sport edition in black/white with a small screen, blue detailing on the front wheels and metal footplates. Ultimate Business edition in cream with tall screen, pillion backrest and brown seat. Both are £8,300.
Review In A Few
- Can be ridden on a car licence
- Speedo is primarily in km/h
- Under powered
Capacity: 400 cc (low)
Power: 37 bhp / 28 kW (average)
Top Speed: 95 mph / 153 km/h (average)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 13.5 litres / 3.0 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 780 mm / 30.7 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 256 kg / 564 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.145 bhp/kg / 0.108 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £7,000
Check out this long term video review from Three Wheel Diaries.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: