BMW C650 GT Scooters For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW C650 GT is an A2 licence friendly premium maxi scooter and is powered by a liquid cooled 647 cc parallel twin engine, producing 60 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Automatic CVT gearbox with enclosed chain drive
- Dual 270 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 270 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MB ABS
- Traction control (ASC)
- Steel braided brake lines
- 40 mm upside down fork with 115 mm travel
- Rear shock with 115 mm travel
- LED taillight and storage light
- Centre stand operated parking brake
- Electrically adjustable screen
Improvements over the 2012-2015 model include a new engine mapping, gearbox, clutch and silencer; the aim is to provide more immediate response while also keeping down the emissions. Elsewhere the design, suspension and centre stand set-up get a bit of an upgrade.
For storage the seat can take two full face helmets and the left of the two glove boxes contains a 12v socket for your devices. The 15" wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and 160/60 at the rear.
Unique to the GT is the optional Side View Assist which monitors your blind spots with ultrasound sensors and sets off little warning triangles on the mirror stalks to alert you. Another key option is the central LED running light which stays on for a bit after the ignition is switched off.
- Highline Pack: Heated grips, heated seat, tyre pressure monitoring
- Safety Pack: Daytime running light, Side View Assist (SVA)
Options include a lower 785mm seat, heated grips, 35 litre top case, tinted windscreen, pillion backrest and LED indicators.
- 2016-2017: Black, white, bronze
- 2018-2019: Black, white, blue, bronze (Option 719)
- 2020: Black, blue, bronze
Launch RRP: £9,900
Capacity: 647 cc (average)
Power: 60 bhp, 45 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 112 mph, 180 km/h (high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 55 mpg, 5.1 l/100km, 19.5 km/l (average)
Range: 190 miles, 306 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.5 litres, 4.1 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 805 mm, 31.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 261 kg, 576 pounds (very heavy)
Dry Weight: 249 kg, 549 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.230 bhp/kg, 0.171 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Model History & Updates
2018: Drive train now black, brown seat available with Option 719 paint job and Side View Assist can be turned off from menu.
Up And Down The Range
The sportier and £300 cheaper C650 Sport has smaller bodywork, less storage space, a Flexicase system for the second helmet, manual screen adjustment and is 12 kg lighter with a 5 mm lower seat.
If you are considering the GT you might also find the electric C evolution interesting.
Check out this video review from birdoneword.
For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left