BMW R1250RS Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (820 mm / 32.3 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (243 kg / 536 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (18.0 litres / 4.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (50 mpg / 5.6 l/100km / 17.7 km/l)
- Range: High (200 miles / 322 km)
- Top Speed: High (145 mph / 233 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,254 cc)
- Power: High (134 bhp / 100 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.551 bhp/kg / 0.411 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £12,100
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The BMW R1250RS is a premium sports touring bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,254 cc Boxer engine with VVT, producing 134.1 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,250 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- ABS with off mode, shaft drive
- 45 mm upside down fork with 140 mm travel (gold finish with ESA)
- Adjustable rear shock with 140 mm travel
- LED headlight and taillight
- Traction control
- Hill start control
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the outgoing R1200RS you get the new 84 cc larger engine with Variable Valve Timing (ShiftCam in BMW speak), a power boost of 11 bhp, a new 6.5" TFT colour dash, hill hold control as standard, a new LED headlight design and new fairings but weight is up 7 kg.
There are some complicated diagrams of the new engine above but basically it mechanically shifts between a low speed efficient and high speed high power cam profile to offer better economy and power.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Metzeler Roadtec Z8 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the quickshifter, LED running light, LED indicators, cruise control, keyless start, heated grips, TPMS, Dynamic ESA (electronic suspension), ABS Pro (cornering ABS), Ride Modes Pro (Dynamic and Dynamic Pro), 840 mm high seat, 760 mm low seat, Dynamic Brake Assistant, Hill Start Control Pro, Dynamic Traction Control, intelligent SOS system, Chrome exhaust, Option 719 seat / wheels / paint and the usual Akrapovic exhaust.
The £13,425 Sport gets the engine spoiler, LED indicators, heated grips, TPMS, running light, quickshifter, extra riding modes and cornering ABS.
Building on the Sport, the £13,900 Exclusive gets the dynamic brake light, electric suspension, keyless start, cruise control and centre stand.
- 2019-2020: Black, blue (Exclusive), yellow (Sport) (white frame), brown/orange (Option 719)
- 2021: Black, blue, yellow (black frame)
- 2022: Black, blue, white/black/red
Model History & Updates
2021: Euro 5 tweaks and ABS now always on.
Popularity & How Many Left