Suzuki Hayabusa Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The third generation Suzuki Hayabusa is a premium sports touring bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 1,340 cc inline four engine, putting out 187.7 bhp at 9,700 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo Stylema four piston calipers
- 260 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Cornering ABS system
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Ride modes: Active, Basic, Comfort
- 10-level traction control / anti-wheelie
- 3-level engine braking control plus off mode
- 2-level quickshifter with off mode
- 3-level launch control
- 3 power modes
- Adjustable levers
- 4->2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with with gear position sensor
Compared to the 2008-2018 Hayabusa there's an improved engine with lighter internals and a boosted 5,000-6,000 rpm mid-range however it's 8 bhp down on peak power and has a 1 litre smaller tank to accommodate a larger airbox. Suzuki have spent plenty of time working on reliability though, so it should still handle a little tuning.
There's also a 2 kg lighter exhaust system, the latest Brembo Stylema front calipers, a modern central TFT dash flanked by the classic Busa dials, full LED lighting and a small ergonomic tweak to move the handlebars 12 mm closer to the rider.
Perhaps the biggest improvement is the new electronics package with cruise control, traction control, engine braking control, anti-wheelie, hill hold control, launch control, lean angle display and a quickshifter.
The 7-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhausts (£2,876, -4 kg, +2.7 bhp), colour coded pillion seat cover, premium seat, touring screen, heated grips and a range of billet parts.
- 2021: Black/orange, silver/red
- 2022: Black/orange, silver/red, white/blue
The Japanese symbol 隼 on the side means Peregrine Falcon, which are known for their circa 200 mph vertical dives while hunting blackbirds and it's also known as the GSX1300R.
Launch RRP: £16,500
Capacity: 1,340 cc (very high)
Power: 188 bhp, 140 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 186 mph, 299 km/h (very high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 35 mpg, 8.1 l/100km, 12.4 km/l (poor)
Range: 150 miles, 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres, 5.3 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 800 mm, 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 264 kg, 582 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.712 bhp/kg, 0.531 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Review In A Few
- Electronics package
- Pretty heavy