Suzuki Hayabusa For Sale
The 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa is a premium sports tourer and is powered by 1,340cc inline four engine which puts out 194bhp. It's famous for chasing the title of fastest production bike and originally launched in 1999.
Pros / Cons
- Awesome power, great engine, handling, long distance comfort, easy to ride in town, economical
- Large, heavy, not for beginners, budget for better brakes if maxing it out, build quality, paint finish
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,340cc inline four engine, producing 194bhp at 9,500rpm and maximum torque at 7,200rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 260mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 43mm KYB upside down fork
- Adjustable KYB rear shock
- Three power modes
Engine capacity, torque, power, brake performance and aerodynamics are improved over the 1999-2007 Busa. The new engine sees a complete overhaul including lighter Aluminium pistons, Titanium valves and lighter cylinders. While the new bike is a couple of kilos heavier it has an improved power to weight ratio.
Finish quality has been improved, the screen is 15mm higher and the rear end sees a cosmetic re-design. The frame is now painted black, which was reserved for the special editions on the old model and to improve the looks Suzuki moved the rear caliper to the top of the disc so that it's hidden behind the muffler. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
- 2008: Black, orange/black, white/silver, blue/black, grey/black
- 2009: Black/grey, grey/silver, gold/black
- 2010: Blue, white, black
- 2011: Blue, white, black, black with red accent
- 2012: Red, white, black
- 2013: Black/grey, white, yellow/black
- 2014: Red/black 50th anniversary edition
- 2015-2016: Black/grey/gold, white/grey/gold, blue/silver, red/silver
- 2017: Blue/white, white/black
- 2018: Black, white/black
2013: ABS system added.
2017: Brembo calipers now black. The £12,500 special edition Hayabusa Z gets you a special blue/white colour scheme and Yoshimura Hepta Force silencer.
Did You Know?
Over 100,000 Hayabusas have been sold worldwide since 1999 and it's also known as the GSX1300R.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (32)
- 1 of 11
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2008||504||257||761||220 / month|
|2009||337||172||509||95 / month|
|2010||290||128||418||35 / month|
|2011||200||79||279||100 / month|
|2012||99||43||142||89 / month|
|2013||98||44||142||110 / month|
|2014||132||40||172||130 / month|
|2015||142||32||174||35 / month|
|2016||148||33||181||190 / month|
|2017||103||8||111||120 / month|
|2018||70||0||70||36 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|