Suzuki Hayabusa Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (805 mm / 31.7 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (249 kg / 549 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (22.0 litres / 5.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: High (190 miles / 306 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (194 mph / 312 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,299 cc)
- Power: Very High (175 bhp / 130 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.703 bhp/kg / 0.524 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (11,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £7,000
For Sale (17)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Suzuki Hayabusa is a premium sports tourer and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,299 cc inline four engine, producing 175 bhp at 9,800 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm. The engine provides an abundance of power at any speed.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm (steel subframe from 2001)
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with three piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Fully adjustable 43 mm upside down fork
- Adjustable rear shock
- 6 speed gearbox with high capacity clutch
Suzuki used their World Superbike experience to develop the frame, swingarm and low drag coefficient of the bike. The curves and hump at the back work with the riders body to let the bike slip through the air with minimum turbulence, while the vertical stacked headlights provide a very narrow front end.
The end result swooped in and stole the title of fastest production bike from the Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird, shortly before the gentleman's agreement between the main players to limit top speeds to 186 mph in 2000.
Kawasaki's ZX-12R was also in the running for the title but the Busa won and became the fastest motorbike of the 20th century.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
- 1999: Copper/silver, black/grey, black/red
- 2000: Silver, red/silver, blue/silver
- 2001: Red/silver, blue/silver, black/silver
- 2002: Grey/silver, blue/black, blue/silver, limited edition black
- 2003: Orange, red, grey/silver, plum/black, grey/black, blue/silver, blue/black
- 2004: Black/blue, blue/silver, grey/black, plum/black, silver/grey, red special edition
- 2005: Red/black, grey, blue, blue/silver, grey/black
- 2006: Blue/grey, red/black, grey/black, white/silver limited edition
- 2007: Blue, red, black
The 隼 Japanese symbol on the side means Peregrine Falcon, which are known for their circa 200mph vertical dives while hunting blackbirds and it's also known as the GSX1300R.
Model History & Updates
1999-2000: Unrestricted and can hit 194 mph rather than the restricted 186 mph. This makes them slightly more collectable and as such they hold their value well.
2002: Limited edition Midnight Falcon celebrating over 12,000 Busas sold in the USA. It was basically the same as the the standard bike but featured a black painted frame and swingarm.
2003: Gold calipers, black fork and a new 32 bit ECM.
2004: Special edition featuring solid red colour with black frame and stripped wheels.
2007: Move from two tone colours towards the solid colours usually found on the limited editions.
Popularity & How Many Left