Suzuki Hayabusa For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £4,650–£2,800
What Is It?
The Suzuki Hayabusa is a premium sports tourer and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,299cc inline four engine, producing 175bhp at 9,800rpm and maximum torque at 7,000rpm. The engine provides an abundance of power at any speed.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm (steel subframe from 2001)
- Dual 320mm discs up front with 3 piston calipers
- 240mm disc at the rear with 2 piston caliper
- Fully adjustable 43mm upside down fork
- Adjustable rear shock
- 6 speed gearbox with high capacity clutch
Suzuki used their World Superbike experience to develop the frame, swingarm and low drag coefficient of the bike. The curves and hump at the back work with the riders body to let the bike slip through the air with minimum turbulence, while the vertical stacked headlights provide a very narrow front end.
The end result swooped in and stole the title of fastest production bike from the Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird, shortly before the gentleman's agreement between the main players to limit top speeds to 186mph in 2000.
Kawasaki's ZX-12R was also in the running for the title but the Busa won and became the fastest motorbike of the 20th century. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
1999-2000 Busas are unrestricted and can hit 194 mph rather than the restricted 186 mph. This makes them slightly more collectable and as such they hold their value well.
- 1999: Copper/silver, black/grey, black/red
- 2000: Silver, red/silver, blue/silver
- 2001: Red/silver, blue/silver, black/silver
- 2002: Grey/silver, blue/black, blue/silver, limited edition black
- 2003: Orange, red, grey/silver, plum/black, grey/black, blue/silver, blue/black
- 2004: Black/blue, blue/silver, grey/black, plum/black, silver/grey, red special edition
- 2005: Red/black, grey, blue, blue/silver, grey/black
- 2006: Blue/grey, red/black, grey/black, white/silver limited edition
- 2007: Blue, red, black
2002: Limited edition Midnight Falcon celebrating over 12,000 Busas sold in the USA. It was basically the same as the the standard bike but featured a black painted frame and swingarm.
2003: Gold calipers, black fork and a new 32 bit ECM.
2004: Special edition featuring solid red colour with black frame and stripped wheels.
2007: Move from two tone colours towards the solid colours usually found on the limited editions.
Did You Know?
The 隼 Japanese symbol on the side means Peregrine Falcon, which are known for their circa 200mph vertical dives while hunting blackbirds and it's also known as the GSX1300R.
- Weight makes it stable at most speeds, epic power on tap, easy to ride, useful under seat storage
- Brakes, needs a power commander, large, wide, heavy, optimised for legal+ speeds
Capacity: 1,299 cc (very high)
Power: 175 bhp / 130 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 194 mph / 312 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 190 miles / 306 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 22.0 litres / 4.8 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 805 mm / 31.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 249 kg / 549 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 215 kg / 474 pounds
Launch RRP: £7,000
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you weekly updates with adverts like this:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|1999||338||666||1,004||44 / month|
|2000||327||520||847||49 / month|
|2001||144||159||303||46 / month|
|2002||98||120||218||9 / month|
|2003||227||190||417||27 / month|
|2004||209||153||362||42 / month|
|2005||156||117||273||130 / month|
|2006||114||82||196||120 / month|
|2007||356||191||547||150 / month|