Kawasaki ZZR1400 For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki ZZR1400 is an iconic sports tourer and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,441 cc inline four engine, producing 197.4 bhp at 10,000 rpm (207 bhp with ram-air) and maximum torque at 7,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 250 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- ABS, slipper clutch
- Adjustable 43 mm upside down fork with 117 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 124 mm travel
- Traction control with 3 modes, 2 ride modes
- Flip out luggage hooks under the seat
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2006-2011 model power is 10 bhp from a new 89 cc larger engine, there's a more rigid frame, lighter wheels, ABS is standard, there's a slipper clutch, a more powerful radiator, the fins on the side stand out more and the headlights get a cooler design but weight is up roughly 10 kg.
The 10 spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Bridgestone S20 Battlax tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include Akrapovic exhausts (£1,954), centre stand (£238), comfort seat (£241), spoiler screen (£79), top box (£386) and pillion seat cover (£192).
- 2012: Black, green
- 2013: Black/green, blue (Performance)
- 2014: Black, green/black, blue/black (Performance)
- 2015: Green/black
- 2016: Black/grey, blue/black (Performance)
- 2017: Black/green
- 2018: Black/green, green/black
- 2019: Black/red, grey/green
- 2020: Black/green
2013: Performance edition includes Akrapovic exhausts, pillion seat cover and smoked screen (black/green, blue).
2014: Performance Sport edition includes Akrapovic exhausts, Ohlins TTX shock and smoked screen (green/black, black/green, blue/black).
2018: Minor tweaks to the colour scheme for the base model and Performance edition.
Did You Know?
It's also called the ZX-14R and ZX1400.
Review In A Few
- Power, brakes, comfort, range, touring potential
- On the heavy side
Capacity: 1,441 cc (very high)
Power: 197 bhp / 147 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 186 mph / 299 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 22.0 litres / 4.8 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 800 mm / 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 268 kg / 591 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.735 bhp/kg / 0.548 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £11,500
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2012||388||102||490||180 / month|
|2013||307||79||386||99 / month|
|2014||339||69||408||42 / month|
|2015||310||69||379||270 / month|
|2016||296||51||347||350 / month|
|2017||261||51||312||150 / month|
|2018||207||-||207||200 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||340 / month|