Kawasaki ZZR1400 For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki ZZR1400 is an iconic sports tourer and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,441 cc inline four engine, producing 197.4 bhp at 10,000 rpm (207 bhp with ram-air) and maximum torque at 7,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 250 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Slipper clutch
- Adjustable 43 mm upside down fork with 117 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 124 mm travel
- Traction control with 3 modes
- Two ride modes
- Flip out luggage hooks under the seat
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2006-2011 model power is up 10 bhp from a new 89 cc larger engine, there's a more rigid frame, lighter wheels, ABS is standard, there's a slipper clutch, a more powerful radiator, the fins on the side stand out more and the headlights get a cooler design but weight is up roughly 10 kg.
The 10 spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Bridgestone S20 Battlax tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include Akrapovic exhausts (£1,954), centre stand (£238), comfort seat (£241), spoiler screen (£79), top box (£386) and pillion seat cover (£192).
- 2012: Black, green
- 2013: Black/green, blue (Performance)
- 2014: Black, green/black, blue/black (Performance)
- 2015: Green/black
- 2016: Black/grey, blue/black (Performance)
- 2017: Black/green
- 2018: Black/green, green/black
- 2019: Black/red, grey/green
- 2020: Black/green
Did You Know?
It's also called the ZX-14R and ZX1400.
2013: Performance edition includes Akrapovic exhausts, pillion seat cover and smoked screen (black/green, blue).
2014: Performance Sport edition includes Akrapovic exhausts, Ohlins TTX shock and smoked screen (green/black, black/green, blue/black).
2018: Minor tweaks to the colour scheme for the base model and Performance edition.
Review In A Few
- Touring potential
- On the heavy side
Launch RRP: £11,500
Capacity: 1,441 cc (very high)
Power: 197 bhp / 147 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 186 mph / 299 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 22.0 litres / 4.8 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 800 mm / 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 268 kg / 591 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.735 bhp/kg / 0.548 kW/kg
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left