Kawasaki ZZR1400 For Sale
The 2012 Kawasaki ZZR1400 is an iconic sports tourer and is powered by a 1,441cc inline four engine which puts out 197bhp. It was originally launched in 2006.
What Is It?
- Power, brakes, comfort, range, touring potential
- On the heavy side
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,441cc inline 4 cylinder engine, producing 197.4bhp at 10,000rpm (207bhp with ram-air) and maximum torque at 7,500rpm.
- Aluminium frame
- Dual 310mm discs up front with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 250mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS, slipper clutch
- Adjustable 43mm upside down fork with 117mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 124mm travel
- Traction control with 3 modes, 2 ride modes
- Flip out luggage hooks under the seat
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2006-2011 model power is up almost 10bhp from a new 89cc larger engine, there's a more rigid frame, lighter wheels, ABS is standard, a slipper clutch, a more powerful radiator, the fins on the side stand out more and the headlights get a cooler design but weight is up roughly 10kg. The 10 spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Bridgestone S20 Battlax tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories for 2017 include Akrapovic exhausts (£1954), centre stand (£238), comfort seat (£241), spoiler screen (£79), top box (£386) and pillion seat cover (£192).
2013: Performance edition includes Akrapovic exhausts, pillion seat cover and smoked screen (black/green, blue). RRP is £13,750 in 2017.
2014: Performance Sport edition includes Akrapovic exhausts, Ohlins TTX shock, smoked screen (green/black, black/green, blue/black). RRP was £14,100 in 2015 and £15,050 in 2017.
2018: Minor tweaks to the colour scheme for the base model and Performance edition.
- 2012: Black, green
- 2013: Black/green, blue (Performance)
- 2014: Black, green/black, blue/black (Performance)
- 2015: Green/black
- 2016: Black/grey, blue/black (Performance)
- 2017: Black/green
- 2018: Black/green, green/black
Did You Know?
It's also called the ZX-14R and ZX1400
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (56)
- 1 of 19
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
- Related Model
Check out this review from CagerOnTwoWheels: