Kawasaki Z1000 Review (2010)
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Z1000 is a modern naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,043 cc inline four engine, producing 136.1 bhp at 9,600 rpm and maximum torque at 7,800 rpm. The engine is new and derived from the 2004-2010 ZX-10R Ninja, de-tuned for better low down torque at the expense of top end power.
- Seat Height: Average (815 mm / 32.1 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (218 kg / 481 lbs)
- Economy: Poor (30 mpg / 9.4 l/100km / 10.6 km/l)
- Range: Average (100 miles / 161 km)
- Power to Weight: High (0.624 bhp/kg / 0.465 kW/kg)
- Top Speed: Very high (155 mph / 249 km/h)
What Is It Like?
- Good value
- Easy for parts
- Looks wicked
- Sounds great
- Easy to modify plenty choice for mods
- Handles great
- Standard seat isn’t very comfy
- Fuel range isn’t great at 90 miles to a tank
- Switch gear is very basic
- Standard brakes are okay but not great
To Sum Up
Overall I would give the 2013 Z1000 four out of five stars. It's a great bike which is easy to ride, smooth, fast when needed and very smart looking.
- Jay C, 2019
Gear & Accessories
Kawasaki Z1000 (2014 On) - Updated version.
Kawasaki Z1000SX - Closely related sports touring model.
Kawasaki Versys 1000 - Closely related adventure model.
Kawasaki ZX-10R - Closely related sports model.
Add Your Review
Do you own this bike? We would love to hear anything good, bad, unexpected or that you have changed plus anything that a prospective new owner might find interesting or useful.
Check out this useful four part video review from Robert Buchnajzer.