BMW S1000R For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW S1000R is a really popular premium naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four engine, producing 160 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and double sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- Rear 220 mm disc with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable 46 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Traction control (ASC)
- Ride modes: Road, Rain (136 bhp)
- Slipper clutch
- LED tail light
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The S1000R is a naked version of the S1000RR, sharing the engine, gearbox, frame and suspension but with a higher handlebar for comfort and the engine de-tuned for more low down torque with less top end power. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the electronic suspension (DDC, gold fork), forged wheels (-2 kg), additional ride modes, quickshifter, cruise control, heated grips, LED indicators, engine spoiler and Carbon bits.
- 2013-2019: Red/black, white/black, blue/grey/black
- 2020: Black, blue, white/red/blue
The £11,750 S1000R Sport gets you the DDC, engine spoiler, ride modes, quickshifter, cruise control, heated grips and LED indicators.
2017: Update with Euro 4 compliance, power up 5 bhp to 165 bhp, weight down by 2 kg, HP Titanium silencer standard, Race ABS standard, vibration free handlebars, lighter rear frame, engine spoiler standard, cornering ABS and noticeably smaller fairing.
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 160 bhp / 119 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 170 mph / 274 km/h (very high)
Economy: 34 mpg / 8.3 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 814 mm / 32.0 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 207 kg / 456 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.773 bhp/kg / 0.576 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £10,350
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left