BMW S1000R Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (830 mm / 32.7 inches)
- Weight: Average (199 kg / 439 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (16.5 litres / 4.4 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (160 miles / 257 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (170 mph / 274 km/h)
- Capacity: High (999 cc)
- Power: Very High (162 bhp / 121 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (0.814 bhp/kg / 0.607 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (12,750 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £12,055
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this launch video from BMW and this video explaining why it doesn't have 200 bhp like the S1000RR. You might also like this video review from Lamb Chop Rides and this video review from 44Teeth.
What Is It?
The BMW S1000R is a premium naked bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 999 cc inline four engine, producing 162.3 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and double sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with BMW four piston calipers
- Rear 220 mm disc with Brembo single piston caliper
- Cornering ABS system
- Adjustable 45 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 117 mm travel
- Dynamic traction control
- Hill start control
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Dynamic
- Slipper clutch
- LED lighting all round
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2014-2020 model there's a small 2.3 bhp power increase from the new 5 kg lighter S1000RR derived engine (minus VVT / Shiftcam), a swap from Brembo to BMW / Hayes calipers up front, a 16 mm higher seat height, 1 litre smaller tank, new suspension, new 1.2 kg lighter exhaust system, 1.8 kg lighter wheels and it's a whopping 6 kg lighter overall.
BMW have also added a new LED headlight, LED indicators, modern 6.5" TFT dash with connectivity, dynamic traction control, engine drag torque control and hill start control. The 6-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic Titanium silencer, 1 kg lighter forged Aluminium wheels, 2.8 kg lighter Carbon Fibre wheels (200/55 rear), electronic suspension (DDC), cornering headlight, Dynamic Pro riding mode with engine brake / wheelie control, Auto Hill Start Control Pro, keyless ignition, screen, 810 mm low seat, 850 mm high seat, heated grips, cruise control, SOS system, USB port, M endurance chain, TPMS and lots of Carbon / billet bits.
- 2021: Red, silver/yellow, white/blue/red