BMW S1000R For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £10,500–£4,650
What Is It?
The BMW S1000R is a really popular premium naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four engine, producing 160 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and double sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- Rear 220 mm disc with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable 46 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Traction control (ASC)
- Ride modes: Road, Rain (136 bhp)
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The S1000R is a naked version of the S1000RR, sharing the engine, gearbox, frame and suspension but with a higher handlebar for comfort and the engine de-tuned for more low down torque with less top end power. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the electronic suspension (DDC, gold fork), forged wheels (-2 kg), additional ride modes, quickshifter, cruise control, heated grips, LED indicators, engine spoiler and Carbon bits.
- 2013-2019: Red/black, white/black, blue/grey/black
- 2020: Black, blue, white/red/blue
The £11,750 S1000R Sport gets you the DDC, engine spoiler, ride modes, quickshifter, cruise control, heated grips and LED indicators.
2017: Update with Euro 4 compliance, power up 5 bhp to 165 bhp, weight down by 2 kg, HP Titanium silencer standard, Race ABS standard, vibration free handlebars, lighter rear frame, engine spoiler standard, cornering ABS and noticeably smaller fairing.
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 160 bhp / 119 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 170 mph / 274 km/h (very high)
Economy: 34 mpg / 8.3 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 814 mm / 32.0 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 207 kg / 456 pounds (heavy)
Launch RRP: £10,350
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you weekly updates with adverts like this:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2014||406||103||509||310 / month|
|2015||407||71||478||330 / month|
|2016||337||50||387||380 / month|
|2017||543||72||615||78 / month|
|2018||535||-||535||30 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||100 / month|