Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (830 mm / 32.7 inches)
- Weight: Average (198 kg / 437 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (15.5 litres / 4.1 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (140 miles / 225 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (170 mph / 274 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,160 cc)
- Power: Very High (178 bhp / 133 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (0.899 bhp/kg / 0.670 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (11,150 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £15,500
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS is a premium naked bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 1,160 cc triple engine, putting out 177.6 bhp at 10,750 rpm and maximum torque at 9,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and single sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo Stylema four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Continental MIB-EVO cornering ABS
- Adjustable 43 mm Ohlins NIX30 fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins TTX36 rear shock with 120 mm travel
- 4-level lean angle aware traction control with off mode
- Ride modes: Rain (99 bhp), Road, Sport, Track, Custom
- 5" TFT dash with connectivity, GoPro control and two themes
- Backlit switches
- Brembo MCS adjustable brake lever
- Cruise control
- Slip and assist clutch
- LED lighting all round
- Self-cancelling indicators
- 3->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position sensor
Compared to the 2018-2020 Speed Triple RS 1050 there's a new 110 cc larger engine putting out 30 bhp more power and 25% more torque. Triumph have also managed to design in 12% less powertrain inertia than the 1050 so it spins up faster.
It features new Brembo Stylema brakes, a faster quickshifter as standard, LED lighting, lighter Lithium-ion battery, new TFT dash, Carbon front mudguard and keyless start / fuel cap release.
The package is narrower and is rumoured to be 10 kg lighter as well, with 7 kg shaved off the engine.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Metzeler Racetec RR K3 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SC2 tyres, heated grips, fly screen, TPMS, scrolling indicators, pillion seat and a range of machined parts.
Colours: Black/red, grey/yellow