Ducati Panigale V4 R First Look
The 2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R is a premium track focused sports bike and is powered by a 998cc V4 engine which puts out 217bhp. The engine is smaller than the other V4 models but revs much higher.
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 998cc 90° V4 Desmosedici Stradale engine with MotoGP style counter-rotating crank, producing 217.2bhp at 15,250rpm and maximum torque at 11,500rpm. The engine is smaller but has lighter internals and revs much higher, resulting in more overall power.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm, Magnesium sub frame
- Dual 330mm discs up front with the latest Brembo M4.30 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP Evo cornering ABS
- Adjustable 43mm Ohlins NPX fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins TTX36 rear shock with 130mm travel
- Ohlins steering damper
- Ride modes: Street, Sport, Race
- Slide control, wheelie control, engine brake control, launch control
- Auto tyre pressure calibration
- 5" colour TFT dash, LED lighting all round
- 4->2->1->2 exhaust system
- Assist and slipper clutch
- Lean angle aware up/down quickshifter
- 6 speed gearbox
The V4 R builds on the £23,900 V4 S with a few track focused features such as a smaller capacity but higher power engine, Ohlins NPX fork, +/- 3mm swingarm pivot adjustment, the GPS/data logger as standard, pit limiter button, high flow air filter, Carbon heat shield, Carbon winglets, machined mirror block off plates and solo seat which all help to shave 2kg off the weight however the suspension isn't electronically adjustable.
Like the Kawasaki Ninja H2R the winglets keep all that power grounded at high speed and Ducati have included some purposeful looking cooling gills to the side fairings to make it look even more powerful alongside a semi-naked fuel tank so it stands out. The 3-spoke forged 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 tyre at the front and huge 200/60 at the rear. Accessories include the Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust system (+17bhp) and the multimedia system.
At the very top of the range the £35,000 V4 Speciale weighs 2kg more but gets you the special red/white/green paint scheme, full Titanium Akrapovic racing exhaust, Alcantara seat, special grips, adjustable pegs, racing levers, racing fuel cap, brake level protection and paddock cover but it's limited to 1,500 units.
Colours: Red (obviously)
Did You Know?
Capacity was trimmed down from the 1,103cc in the other V4 models so Ducati could qualify for the WSB
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (0)
Unfortunately we haven't seen any for sale today. Please check back later or have a look at similar models.
Check out this video from Ducati: