BMW M1000RR Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (832 mm / 32.8 inches)
- Weight: Average (192 kg / 423 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (16.5 litres / 4.4 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (185 mph / 298 km/h)
- Capacity: High (999 cc)
- Power: Very High (209 bhp / 156 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (1.089 bhp/kg / 0.812 kW/kg)
- Redline: Very High (15,100 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £30,935
For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The BMW M1000RR is a track focused sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four VVT engine, producing 209.2 bhp at 14,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame, rear frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with BMW M four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with BMW M two piston caliper
- BMW cornering ABS with off-mode
- Adjustable 45 mm Marzocchi upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Marzocchi rear shock with 118 mm travel
- Dynamic traction control
- Wheelie control
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Dynamic, Race, Race Pro 1-3
- LED lighting all round
- 6.5" TFT dash
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The M1000RR builds on the standard S1000RR with a few engine tweaks to offer 5 bhp more power 1,000 rpm higher up the range, maximum torque 500 rpm lower and the red line 500 rpm higher.
BMW have used lighter engine internals to let it spin up faster and boosted the power from 6,000 rpm to 15,100 rpm where it is most useful for track racing. The "ShiftCam" variable valve timing kicks in at 9,000 rpm like the S1000RR.
You also get the 1.7 kg lighter Carbon Fibre wheels, electronic semi-active suspension (DDC), taller racing screen, wheelie reducing Carbon winglets, 2 kg lighter battery, fancy blue BMW M calipers, cruise control, Hill Start Control Pro, heated grips, adjustable wheelie control, Full Floater Pro rear shock and the 3.7 kg lighter Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system however the seat height is 8 mm higher.
The Race Pro riding modes are standard, adding 1-3 custom riding modes, launch control and a pit lane limiter. Overall it's 5 kg lighter than the standard S1000RR.
The 6-spoke 17" wheels take a Dunlop SportSmart TT 120/70 tyre at the front and 200/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the GPS lap trigger and data logger. The £4,100 M Competition pack gets you the GPS features, a 220 g lighter swingarm in silver finish, DLC coated chain, billet parts pack and the Carbon pack.
Colours: White/red/blue, yellowDid You Know?
The "M" brings the sporty model into line with BMW's car range and it's also known as the M RR. Downforce generated by the winglet ranges from 0.5 kg at 30 mph to 1.8 kg at 60 mph, all the way up to 16.3 kg at 186 mph.
Model History & Updates
2022: £35,200 M1000RR 50 Years special edition with M Competition pack and Sao Paulo Yellow colour scheme.