Ducati Multistrada 1260 For Sale
The 2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a 1,262cc V-Twin engine which puts out 156bhp. It replaces the 1200 and the 1260 S builds on it with a significant kit upgrade.
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,262cc Testastretta DVT V-Twin engine, producing 155.8bhp at 9,500rpm and maximum torque at 7,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston monobloc calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1ME Cornering ABS with 3 levels and off mode
- 8-level traction control, cruise control
- Adjustable Kayaba 48mm upside down fork with 170mm travel
- Remotely adjustable Sachs shock with 170mm travel
- Ride modes: Urban (100bhp), Touring, Sport, Enduro
- Assist and slipper clutch, keyless start
- Hand adjustable screen
- 825mm/845mm adjustable seat
- Aluminium tail pipes with Stainless Steel muffler
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2015-2017 1200 engine capacity is up 64cc with power about the same from a new Testastretta DVT engine, providing 85% of the torque from 3,500rpm which is up 18%, a slightly longer swingarm/wheelbase, evolved grab handle/pannier mount from the 1200 Enduro which can take the Touratech Aluminium panniers and new lighter wheels.
The electronics package includes vehicle hold control, 8-level wheelie control, auto cancelling indicators and backlit switches. In the wheel department there are cast 5-spoke 17" wheels taking a Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the up/down quickshifter, multimedia system, plastic or Aluminium panniers, top box, centre stand, heated grips, Termignoni exhaust, engine bars, LED fog lights, belly pan, radiator guard, off-road pegs and Carbon bits.
- Urban Pack: Top box, USB hub and tank bag.
- Touring Pack: Centre stand, panniers and 3-level heated grips.
- Sport Pack: Carbon front mudguard, machined reservoir caps and Termignoni exhaust.
- Enduro Pack: Engine bars, LED fog lights, radiator guard, belly pan, off-road pegs and enlarged kickstand base.
The middle of the range £17,200 1260 S gets you the Brembo Evo M50 brakes at the front with 10mm larger discs, Sachs electrically adjustable suspension, the 5" colour TFT dash, LED head light, cornering lights, quickshifter and multimedia system but it's 3kg heavier.
At the very top of the range the £20,800 Pikes Peak edition gets you the special red/white/black colour scheme, Ohlins suspension, 3-spoke forged wheels, Termignoni exhaust and Carbon screen/front mudguard/side panels plus it's 3kg lighter than the base model.
It should hit the dealers in time for 2018
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!