Ducati Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak For Sale
The 2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a 1,262cc V-Twin engine which puts out 156bhp. It's based on the 1260 S but features a number of upgraded components and replaces the 1200 Pikes Peak.
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,262cc Testastretta DVT V-Twin engine, producing 155.8bhp at 9,500rpm and maximum torque at 7,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 330mm discs up front with Brembo Evo M50 2 piston monobloc calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1ME Cornering ABS with 3 levels and off mode
- 8-level traction control, cruise control
- Electrically adjustable Ohlins 48mm upside down fork with 170mm travel
- Electrically adjustable Ohlins TTX36 shock with 170mm travel
- Ride modes: Urban (100bhp), Touring, Sport, Enduro
- Assist and slipper clutch, quickshifter, keyless start
- 825mm/845mm adjustable seat
- Hand adjustable screen
- Aluminium tail pipes with Stainless Steel muffler
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2016-2017 Pikes Peak engine capacity is up 64cc with power about the same from a new Testastretta DVT engine, providing 85% of the torque from 3,500rpm which is up 18%, a slightly longer swingarm/wheelbase, evolved grab handle/pannier mount from the 1200 Enduro which can take the Touratech Aluminium panniers, cornering lights and higher resolution TFT dash. Amazingly it's 6kg lighter than the previous model.
In terms of electronics the package includes the 5" colour TFT dash, LED headlight, cornering lights, vehicle hold control, wheelie control, auto cancelling indicators, multimedia system and backlit switches. The forged 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Over the £17,200 1260 S you get Ohlins suspension, 3-spoke forged wheels, Termignoni exhaust, red/white/black colour scheme and Carbon screen/front mudguard/side panels plus it's 3kg lighter at 229kg wet.
Accessories include panniers, top box, centre stand, heated grips, engine bars, LED fog lights, belly pan, radiator guard and off-road pegs.
- Urban Pack: Top box, USB hub and tank bag.
- Touring Pack: Centre stand, panniers and 3-level heated grips.
- Enduro Pack: Engine bars, LED fog lights, radiator guard, belly pan, off-road pegs and enlarged kickstand base.
It should hit the dealers in time for 2018
Did You Know?
The 12 mile / 1,400 metre Pikes Peak hill climb is held in the US Rocky Mountains
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with We Want Your Motorbike today:
Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!