BMW R1200GS Adventure For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1200GSA is a popular premium adventure style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine producing 125 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and shaft drive
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 275 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- ABS with rear off mode
- Adjustable Telelever front suspension with 210 mm travel
- Adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 220 mm travel
- Traction control (ASC)
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 890 mm / 910 mm adjustable seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2010-2013 model there's a new liquid cooled engine with 15 bhp more power, a 500 rpm higher red line, traction control and ABS as standard, a larger rear disc, the brakes are now Brembos, the adjustable screen has been improved, there's less vibration, a lighter fuel tank design and a steering damper but 4 kg has been added to the weight.
It builds on the road focused R1200GS with wire spoked wheels, knobbly tyres, crash bars, cylinder head protectors, a belly pan, hand guards, taller screen, more powerful alternator, a heavier flywheel, downforce inducing front beak, slightly longer suspension travel and increased range. The 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
- XE (£15,275): Standard plus heated grips, ESA, DRL, fog lights, Riding Modes Pro, ABS Pro, cruise control, pannier fastenings
- TE (£15,865): XE plus computer, LED headlight, Chrome exhaust, TPMS
- Triple Black (£16,135): TE plus embossed black seat
Accessories include semi-active electronic suspension (Dynamic ESA), additional ride modes (Dynamic, Enduro, Enduro Pro), cornering ABS (ABS Pro), heated grips, cruise control, sat nav, LED fog lights, LED indicators, TPMS, sports exhaust and a variety of seat and luggage options.
- 2014-2017: White, olive, red, blue
- 2018: Black (grey frame), white/blue (blue frame), red
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Triple Black edition launched with blacked out fuel tank cover / front mudguard and fuel tank / frame in dark grey.
2018: Options now include an emergency SOS button on the handlebar, 6.5" connectivity TFT dash, Pro riding modes, keyless start, new design LED fog lights and updated ESA. The riding modes, cornering ABS, dynamic brake light, dynamic traction control and hill start control all work together when fitted.
Review In A Few
- Electronics package
- Large and heavy
- High seat
Launch RRP: £13,050
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 125 bhp / 93 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 135 mph / 217 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 300 miles / 483 km (very high)
Fuel Capacity: 30.0 litres / 6.6 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 890 mm / 35.0 inches (high)
Wet Weight: 260 kg / 573 pounds (very heavy)
Dry Weight: 220 kg / 485 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.481 bhp/kg / 0.359 kW/kg
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left