BMW R1200GS Adventure For Sale
The 2014 BMW R1200GSA is a premium adventure style bike and is powered by a 1,170cc Boxer engine which puts out 125bhp. It was first launched in 2006 and updated in 2010.
- Electronics package, ride, handling, protection, range
- Large, heavy, high seat, gearbox
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,170cc Boxer engine producing 125bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and shaft drive
- Dual 305mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 275mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- ABS with rear off mode
- Adjustable Telelever front suspension with 210mm travel
- Adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 220mm travel
- Traction control (ASC)
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 890mm / 910mm adjustable seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2010-2013 model there's a new liquid cooled engine with 15bhp more power, a 500rpm higher red line, traction control and ABS as standard, a larger rear disc, the brakes are now Brembos, the adjustable screen has been improved, there's less vibration, a lighter fuel tank design and a steering damper but 4kg has been added to the weight.
It builds on the road focused R1200GS with wire spoked wheels, knobbly tyres, crash bars, cylinder head protectors, a belly pan, hand guards, taller screen, more powerful alternator, a heavier flywheel, downforce inducing front beak, slightly longer suspension travel and increased range. The 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
- XE (£15,275): Standard plus heated grips, ESA, DRL, fog lights, Riding Modes Pro, ABS Pro, cruise control, pannier fastenings
- TE (£15,865): XE plus computer, LED headlight, Chrome exhaust, TPMS
- Triple Black (£16,135): TE plus embossed black seat
Accessories include semi-active electronic suspension (Dynamic ESA), additional ride modes (Dynamic, Enduro, Enduro Pro), cornering ABS (ABS Pro), heated grips, cruise control, sat nav, LED fog lights, LED indicators, TPMS, sports exhaust and a variety of seat and luggage options.
- 2014-2017: White, olive, red, blue
- 2018: Black (grey frame), white/blue (blue frame), red
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Triple Black edition launched with blacked out fuel tank cover / front mudguard and fuel tank / frame in dark grey.
2018: Options now include an emergency SOS button on the handlebar, 6.5" connectivity TFT dash, Pro riding modes, keyless start, new design LED fog lights and updated ESA. The riding modes, cornering ABS, dynamic brake light, dynamic traction control and hill start control all work together when fitted.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (24)
- 1 of 8
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2014||641||107||748||150 / month|
|2015||867||112||979||180 / month|
|2016||1123||88||1211||310 / month|
|2017||1229||94||1323||140 / month|
|2018||928||0||928||79 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
How Does It Compare?
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.