BMW R1200GS Adventure For Sale
The 2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure is, as the name implies, an adventure style bike and is powered by a 1,170cc two cylinder Boxer engine which puts out 125bhp. The more road focused R1200GS routinely tops the sales charts. It was first launched in 2006 and updated in 2010.
What Is It?
- Excellent lights for night riding, electronics package, ride, handling
- Large, heavy, very high seat, gearbox
The Adventure is now powered by the same liquid cooled 1170cc engine introduced in the 2013 R1200GS and gains the same electronics package, also seen in the S1000RR. The four stroke two cylinder Boxer engine achieves maximum power of 125bhp at 7750rpm.
Improvements over the previous 2010-2013 model include 10mm more ground clearance, 20mm more travel, less vibration from the engine and larger wind screen.
- Adjustable Telelever front suspension with 210mm travel
- Adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 220mm travel
- Dual 305mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 275mm disc at the rear with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
- Anti-hopping wet clutch
- 6 speed gearbox
There's also power sockets, traction control, height adjustable screen and a lighter aluminium fuel tank. Ride modes include road and rain however an option expands them to include dynamic, enduro and enduro pro. Other options include semi active suspension, heated grips and cruise control.
The R1200GS Adventure is 22kg heavier than the standard R1200GS, 10kg of which is the additional fuel in the 30 litre tank. The seat is also higher at 890mm but adjustable up to 910mm.
The options catalogue is massive and there are a few packs available:
- XE (£15,275): Standard plus Heated grips, Dynamic ESA, running lights, foglights, Riding Modes Pro, ABS Pro, cruise control and pannier fastenings.
- TE (£15,865): XE plus on board computer, LED headlight, Chrome exhaust and tyre pressure monitor.
- Triple Black (£16,135): TE plus embossed black seat
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Triple Black edition launched with blacked out fuel tank cover/front mudguard and fuel tank/frame in dark grey.
2018: Options now include an emergency SOS button on the handlebar, 6.5" connectivity TFT dash, Pro riding modes, keyless start, new design LED fog lights and updated dynamic electronic suspension. The riding modes, cornering ABS, dynamic brake light, dynamic traction control and hill start control all work together when fitted.
- 2014-2017: White, olive, red and blue
- 2018: Black (grey frame), white/blue (blue frame), red
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (27)
- 1 of 9
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this 2018 review from TheMissendenFlyer:
and this 22,000 mile review from RiderCamTV: