BMW K1600B Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (780 mm / 30.7 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (336 kg / 741 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (26.5 litres / 7.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: High (230 miles / 370 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (160 mph / 257 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,649 cc)
- Power: Very High (158 bhp / 118 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.470 bhp/kg / 0.351 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £16,750
For Sale (4)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The BMW K1600B is a premium touring bike with all the toys and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant 1,649 cc inline six cylinder engine, producing 158 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 5,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 320 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Cornering ABS
- Dynamic brake light
- Front Duolever suspension with 115 mm travel
- Rear Paralever suspension with 125 mm travel
- Dynamic ESA (electrically adjusted suspension)
- Traction control with three modes (Rain/Road/Dynamic)
- Cruise control
- LED lights all round
- Folding rear mudguard for easy tyre changes
- Heated grips and seat
- 5.7" TFT dash
- 6 speed gearbox
It's essentially the same bike as the K1600GT but with fixed deep-set side cases fitted with integrated rear lights, shiny Chromed mufflers, new rear frame and lower pillion seat (7 cm lower than the GT).
The electrically adjusted suspension has a Road mode which automatically adjusts itself and Cruise mode which offers gentle damping for comfort at low speeds.
There's even an optional reverse gear for easy manoeuvring and the screen is electrically adjustable with setting memory. The 17" 11-spoke forged wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- SE (£17,760): Keyless start, LED fog lights, tyre pressure monitoring, centre stand and hill start control
- LE (£19,405): SE plus audio system, reverse gear and dynamic traction control
Accessories include a quickshifter, rider / pillion comfort footrests, reverse gear, intelligent emergency call, audio connection in the right case, navigation system, crash bars, centre stand, low seat, LED fog lights, cornering headlight and forged handlebars.
- 2017: Black
- 2018-2019: Black, blue
- 2020: Black, silver, blue
- 2021: Black, silver, red
The B stand for Bagger.
Model History & Updates
2018: New design LED fog lights, hill start control now standard, seat height lowered by 30 mm to 750 mm, optional low seat withdrawn and high seat option at 780 mm.
2020: Reverse gear now standard and switch gear changes from grey to black.
2021: Cornering lights and TPMS now standard.
Up And Down The Range
The 2018 Grand America is basically the same bike but with a top box.
Popularity & How Many Left