BMW K1600 Grand America Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (750 mm / 29.5 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (370 kg / 816 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (26.5 litres / 7.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: High (230 miles / 370 km)
- Top Speed: Average (100 mph / 161 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,649 cc)
- Power: Very High (158 bhp / 118 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.427 bhp/kg / 0.318 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £24,410
For Sale (0)
We haven't seen any for sale today - please try again later.
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this intro video from BMW.
What Is It?
The BMW K1600 Grand America is a premium touring bike with all the toys and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant 1,649 cc inline six engine, producing 158.2 bhp at 6,750 rpm and maximum torque at 5,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 320 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Cornering ABS with dynamic brake light
- Front Duolever suspension with 115 mm travel
- Rear Paralever suspension with 125 mm travel
- Semi-active electronic suspension
- Traction control with three modes (Rain / Road / Dynamic)
- Cruise control
- Hill start control
- LED lights all round with cornering headlight
- Mobile glovebox with USB-C port and ventilation
- Folding rear mudguard for easy tyre changes
- Heated grips and seat
- 10.25" TFT dash with connectivity
- Dual 12V sockets
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's essentially the K1600 Bagger with a top box, footboards as standard, Chrome engine bars under them, a tall screen, audio system and reverse gear but it weighs 26 kg more. Top speed is electronically limited to 100 mph in order to maintain stability even with increased load at the rear of the bike.
Compared to the 2018-2021 model there's a few engine tweaks, peak power appears 1,000 rpm lower down the range with 3% more peak torque, it now includes engine drag control via a motor slip regulator, there's a huge 10.25" dash, 2.0 audio system and the electronic suspension / cornering headlight have been improved.
The electrically adjusted suspension has Road mode which automatically adjusts itself and Cruise mode which offers gentle damping for comfort at low speeds.
The standard reverse gear offers easy manoeuvring and is powered by the starter motor, operated from the left bar and the screen is electrically adjustable with memory. The 17" 10-spoke forged wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a quickshifter, pillion footboards / armrests, SOS emergency call, navigation system, centre stand, keyless start, 780 mm high seat, LED fog lights, floor parking light and forged handlebars.
- Colours: Black, green, black/white (Option 719)