BMW K1600 Grand America For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW K1600 Grand America is a premium touring bike with all the toys and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant 1,649 cc inline six engine, producing 158.2 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 5,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 320 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Cornering ABS with dynamic brake light
- Fork with 115 mm travel
- Rear paralever suspension with 125 mm travel
- Electrically adjustable suspension (ESA)
- Traction control with three modes (Rain/Road/Dynamic)
- Cruise control
- LED lights all round with Xenon headlight
- Folding rear mudguard for easy tyre changes
- Heated grips and seat
- 5.7" TFT dash
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's essentially the K1600 Bagger with a top box, footboards as standard, Chrome engine bars under them, tall screen and reverse gear but it weighs 28 kg more. Top speed is electronically limited to 100 mph in order to maintain stability even with increased load at the rear of the bike.
The electrically adjusted suspension has Road mode which automatically adjusts itself and Cruise mode which offers gentle damping for comfort at low speeds.
The standard reverse gear offers easy manoeuvring and is powered by the starter motor, operated from the left bar and the screen is electrically adjustable with memory. The 17" 10-spoke forged wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a quickshifter, pillion footboards / armrests, SOS emergency call, audio connection in the right case, navigation system, centre stand, keyless start, hill start control, low / high seats, LED fog lights, TPMS, cornering headlight and forged handlebars.
- 2017: Black, yellow/black (with Chrome on the front mudguard)
- 2018-2019: Black, blue
- 2020: Black, blue, silver
2019: Hill start control now standard, seat height reduced by 30 mm to 750 mm, additional rear speaker added to top box and speaker front / rear volume regulator now an option.
2020: Reverse gear now standard and switch gear from grey to black.
Capacity: 1,649 cc (very high)
Power: 158 bhp / 118 kW (very high)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 100 mph / 161 km/h (average)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 230 miles / 370 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 26.5 litres / 5.8 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 780 mm / 30.7 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 364 kg / 803 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.434 bhp/kg / 0.324 kW/kg
Check out this video review from TwoWheelObsession.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (0)
We haven't seen any for sale today. Set up an alert and we will let you know when we see one.