BMW K1600 Grand America For Sale
The 2018 BMW K1600 Grand America is a premium touring bike with all the toys and is powered by a 1,649cc inline six engine which puts out 158bhp. The 2017 K1600B is basically the same bike but without the top box.
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant 1,649cc six cylinder inline engine, producing 158.2bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 5,250rpm.
- Aluminium frame and shaft drive
- Dual 320mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 320mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Cornering ABS with dynamic brake light
- Fork with 115mm travel
- Rear paralever suspension with 125mm travel
- Dynamic ESA (electrically adjusted suspension)
- Traction control with three modes (Rain/Road/Dynamic)
- Cruise control, LED lights all round with Xenon headlight
- Folding rear mudguard for easy tyre changes
- Heated grips and seat, 5.7" TFT dash
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's essentially the K1600 Bagger with a top box, footboards as standard, Chrome engine bars under them, tall screen and reverse gear but it weighs 28kg more. Top speed is electronically limited to 100mph in order to maintain stability even with increased load at the rear of the bike.
The electrically adjusted suspension has Road mode which automatically adjusts itself and Cruise mode which offers gentle damping for comfort at low speeds. The standard (optional on the K1600B) reverse assist gives you a reverse gear for easy manoeuvring which is powered by the starter motor, operated from the left bar and the screen is electrically adjustable with memory. The 17" 11-spoke forged Aluminium wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a quickshifter, pillion footboards/armrests, intelligent emergency call, audio connection in the right case, navigation system, centre stand, keyless start, hill start control, low/high seats, LED fog lights, tyre pressure monitoring, cornering headlight and forged handlebars.
- 2017: Black, yellow/black (with Chrome on the front mudguard)
- 2018: Black, blue
2018: Hill start control now standard, seat height reduced by 30mm to 750mm, additional rear speaker added to top box and speaker front/rear volume regulator now an option.
- Related Model
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Check out this review from TwoWheelObsession: