BMW R1200R Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (790 mm / 31.1 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (231 kg / 509 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (18.0 litres / 4.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: High (135 mph / 217 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,170 cc)
- Power: High (125 bhp / 93 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.541 bhp/kg / 0.404 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £10,350
For Sale (10)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The BMW R1200R is a popular naked style bike and is powered by an air / liquid cooled engine, producing 125 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- Rear 276 mm disc with two piston caliper
- ABS and traction control (ASC)
- 45 mm upside down Marzocchi fork with 140 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear Paralever suspension
- Monochrome TFT display with night mode
- Adjustable clutch and brake levers
- Slipper clutch
- Steering damper
- 2->1 Stainless steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- LED tail light
- 12V socket
- Two ride modes
Compared to the outgoing 2006-2014 model the suspension now uses a conventional upside down fork rather than a Telelever system like R1200GS and the Boxer engine is now liquid cooled. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and 180/55 at the rear.
Various trim levels are available and the mid-range £11,600 R1200R Sport gets you white paint, matching belly pan, red frame, mini sport screen, Riding Modes Pro, DTC and the quickshifter.
The top of the line £11,800 R1200R Exclusive gets you a dark grey colour scheme with gold fork, ESA, cruise control, additional ride modes, centre stand, luggage prep and LED indicators but it loses the mini screen from the Sport.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, quickshifter (Gear Assist Pro), Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), electronic suspension (ESA), cruise control, low 760 mm seat, high 820 mm seat, keyless start, sports screen, Ride Modes Pro (Dynamic, Custom), LED indicators, centre stand, heated grips, Chrome exhaust, TPMS and luggage options.
- 2015-2016: Black, blue, white with red frame
- 2017: Red, white with blue frame
- 2018: Red, white with blue frame, brown with grey frame
Model History & Updates
2017: A few small changes to meet Euro 4 requirements, sidelights and judder damper on transmission output shaft. Cornering ABS Pro and dynamic brake light are now options.
Popularity & How Many Left