Triumph Tiger Explorer XC For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £10,300–£7,200
What Is It?
The Triumph Tiger Explorer XC is a premium off-road focused adventure style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,215cc triple engine, producing 136.8bhp at 9,300rpm and maximum torque at 6,200rpm.
- Shaft final drive
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 305mm discs up front with Brembo M4.32 2 piston calipers
- 282mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS with off mode
- Adjustable 48mm WP fork with 190mm travel
- Adjustable WP rear shock with 193mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 3-level traction control
- Adjustable screen
- 837 / 857mm adjustable seat
- 3->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Centre stand, plastic sump guard, 12V socket
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Triumph took the original Explorer XC, upgraded it and spun it out into three versions with ever increasing spec levels in the new XC, XCX and XCA. They are mirrored by on-road versions in the XR, XRX and XRT.
Compared to the old XC you get a couple more bhp, Brembo brakes at the front and a chunkier WP fork. The wire spoked 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
Accessories include heated grips, heated seats, hand guards, engine bars, radiator guard, Aluminium sump guard, LED fog lights, Arrow exhaust, panniers and top box.
Colours: Black, white (+£125)
The mid-range £14,300 XCX gets you cornering ABS, off-road riding mode, Aluminium sump guard, radiator guard, semi-active suspension, cruise control, self-cancelling indicators, heated grips, hand guards, engine bars and second 12V socket but it's 7kg heavier.
At the top of the range the £15,900 XCA gets you hill hold control, LED fog lights, Sport and Custom riding modes, electrically adjustable screen, heated seats, tyre pressure monitoring and pannier rails but it's 5kg heavier than the XCX.
For more on-road focused duties Triumph offers the £11,900 XR which is essentially the same but with cast wheels.
Capacity: 1,215 cc (very high)
Power: 137 bhp / 102 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 837 mm / 33.0 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 246 kg / 542 pounds
Launch RRP: £12,200
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you weekly updates with adverts like this:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2016||17||2||19||33 / month|