Yamaha YZF-R1 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (835 mm / 32.9 inches)
- Weight: Average (185 kg / 408 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (18.0 litres / 4.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: High (160 miles / 257 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (189 mph / 304 km/h)
- Capacity: High (998 cc)
- Power: Very High (172 bhp / 128 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (0.930 bhp/kg / 0.693 kW/kg)
- Redline: Very High (13,750 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £9,400
For Sale (16)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R1 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 172 bhp at 12,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130 mm travel
- 4->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox, LED tail light
Compared to the 1998-2003 model there's a slimmer tank, slimmer but more rigid frame, re-designed bodywork, a steering damper, dual underseat Titanium mufflers, a 1:1 power to dry weight ratio, 20 bhp more power, new ram air system which adds 8 bhp, new wheel design, larger front discs, 1 litre more fuel capacity, a 20 mm higher seat and 5 kg shaved off the weight.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
- 2004: Blue/silver/black, red/black, white/grey/black
- 2005: Black/grey, blue/white, black/red
- 2006: Blue/black/silver, black, yellow/white/black, red/yellow (50th), black/gunsmoke with gold accent (SP)
The 2005 Black Eyed Peas music video My Humps features an R1.
Model History & Updates
2006: Tweaked longer swingarm shifts weight forward, new wheel design, outer fork tubes are now gold coloured and power increased slightly to 175 bhp with shorter intake valves.
Limited edition black/gold SP model with Ohlins suspension, slipper clutch and 400 gram lighter Marchesini forged Aluminium wheels. Only 500 will be produced for Europe.
Popularity & How Many Left