Yamaha MT-09 Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-09 is a naked bike at the sportier end of the spectrum and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 847 cc triple engine, producing 113.5 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and 3-level traction control with off mode
- Adjustable 41 mm upside down fork with 137 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130 mm travel
- 3 ride modes: Standard, A (sport), B (rain)
- 3->1 low slung exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013-2016 model there's a new MT-10 inspired headlight where each light is powered by two LEDs, there are two strips of LED running lights under them to give it a mean looking face and a new LED tail light design.
The tail has been tidied up out of the factory thanks to a new swingarm mounted plate holder which results in it being 30 mm shorter, for improved power delivery you now get a slipper clutch and the quickshifter from the R1, while handling is improved by the fork now being adjustable for compression damping.
A new design LCD dash has been moved closer to the centre, it now remembers the last ride now, the new seat is 5 mm higher, the radiator has larger side fins, the muffler gets a minor re-design and the front indicators are now lower down on the radiator. The 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax S20 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Options include a fly screen, heated grips, comfort seat and Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust system.
- 2017-2018: Grey/black with yellow wheels, blue/black with blue wheels, black, white with red wheels (2019)
- 2020: Black, blue, white
It sold over 48,000 units in Europe from 2013 to 2017.
Launch RRP: £7,800
Capacity: 847 cc (average)
Power: 113 bhp, 84 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,300 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph, 225 km/h (high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 45 mpg, 6.3 l/100km, 15.9 km/l (average)
Range: 140 miles, 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres, 3.7 US gallons (average)
Seat Height: 820 mm, 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 193 kg, 426 pounds (average)
Power to Weight: 0.585 bhp/kg, 0.437 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Review In A Few
- Looks amazing
- Cool exhaust
- Basic dash
- Yamaha NIKEN
- Yamaha MT-09 SP
- Yamaha MT-09 Street Rally
- Yamaha MT-09 Sport Tracker
- Yamaha Tracer 900
- Yamaha Tracer 9
- Yamaha XSR900
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
For Sale (33)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left