Yamaha MT-07 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-07 is a popular mid-range naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 689 cc parallel twin engine, producing 74 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Tubular Steel frame
- Dual 282 mm wavy discs up front with four piston calipers
- Rear 245 mm wavy disc with single piston caliper
- Non-adjustable 41 mm fork with 130 mm travel
- Rear shock with 130 mm travel
- LED tail light, LCD dash
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The new engine has what Yamaha call a Crossplane design, which is basically a parallel twin with a 270° firing order to resemble the character of a V-Twin. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, ABS system (adds 3 kg to the weight), fly screen and USB socket.
- 2014-2016: Black, white, red
- 2017: Black, blue, white
The MT-07 is produced in Japan and MT stands for Masters of Torque.
2015: Yamaha MT-07 Moto Cage launched to appeal to younger riders, particularly those who are fans of stunt riding. It adds a skid plate, engine cage, radiator guard and hand protectors.
2016: Night Fluo colour scheme rolled out (black with vibrant yellow wheels). MT-07 based sport tourer launched in the Tracer 700.
Review In A Few
- Great handling
- Looks good
- Budget for a louder exhaust
- Fiddly switches
Launch RRP: £5,200
Capacity: 689 cc (average)
Power: 74 bhp / 55 kW (average)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 120 mph / 193 km/h (high)
Economy: 55 mpg / 5.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres / 3.1 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 805 mm / 31.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 179 kg / 395 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 164 kg / 362 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.413 bhp/kg / 0.308 kW/kg
Check out this two part video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left