Honda CB600F Hornet For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda Hornet is a mid-range naked bike and is powered by a Euro 1 compliant liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 92.1 bhp at 12,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,500 rpm.
- Steel mono-backbone frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 296 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Showa 41 mm fork with 125 mm travel
- Rear shock with 7 level adjustable pre-load and 128 mm travel
- 34 mm carbs (36 mm on the CBR600F)
- 4->2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Aluminium pillion grab rail
- 6 speed gearbox
The bike is a bit of a hybrid, with the engine and design theme from the CBR600F Jelly Mould and tyres from the CBR900RR Fireblade. The engine has been de-tuned to offer more power lower down and a bit less at the top, resulting in a boost of day to day usability.
The main difference between the two however is the mono-backbone frame of the Hornet whereas the CBR uses a perimeter frame. It shows off the engine really well, which is a stressed member of the frame and there's even a 3 litre storage space under the seat.
The 3-spoke 16" front wheel takes a 130/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 180/55.
Colours: Red, silver, blue, white
2000: Front wheel now 17" and semi-faired CB600FS introduced (dropped in 2003).
2003: Changes include the seat being re-contoured to move the rider 15 mm forward, the tail tidied up, the exhaust made more emissions friendly, a re-mapped engine, optimised suspension settings, improved headlight and larger 17 litre fuel tank but weight is up 2 kg.
2005: Upside down fork added from the 2005 CBR600RR and mini flyscreen.
Launch RRP: £5,250
Capacity: 599 cc (average)
Power: 92 bhp / 69 kW (average)
Red Line: 13,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 135 mph / 217 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 16.0 litres / 3.5 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 790 mm / 31.1 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 198 kg / 437 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 176 kg / 388 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.465 bhp/kg / 0.346 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left